Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT ish; Electric droid

Working outside a house yesterday & noticed one of these guys who knocks on
your door & tries to get you to change electricity supplier. He came over
to ask directions to the nearest shops.

Had a chat with him, apparently they are paid a basic of £300 a week & get
commission of £38 for everyone they sign up. He reckoned his average week
was 18 signups.

Obviously a few quid in the electricity game.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 1, 8:59*pm, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Working outside a house yesterday & noticed one of these guys who knocks on
your door & tries to get you to change electricity supplier. *He came over
to ask directions to the nearest shops.

Had a chat with him, apparently they are paid a basic of £300 a week & get
commission of £38 for everyone they sign up. *He reckoned his average week
was 18 signups.

Obviously a few quid in the electricity game.

How disappointing :-(

I was expecting a post about an electric powered robot that somebody
had built (or possibly, bought to make it OT). (And while I'm
grumbling, when am I going to be able to take a holiday in Lunar City,
like I was promised in the comics when I was a boy?)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 13:34:04 -0700, Martin Bonner wrote:
How disappointing :-(

I was expecting a post about an electric powered robot that somebody
had built

These weren't the droids we were looking for...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jules wrote:
On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 13:34:04 -0700, Martin Bonner wrote:
How disappointing :-(

I was expecting a post about an electric powered robot that somebody
had built

These weren't the droids we were looking for...

Wasn't that something from a Star Wars film?
Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 23:53:46 +0100, Dave wrote:
These weren't the droids we were looking for...

Wasn't that something from a Star Wars film?

Indeed (words to that effect, anyway)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jules" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 23:53:46 +0100, Dave wrote:
These weren't the droids we were looking for...

Wasn't that something from a Star Wars film?

Indeed (words to that effect, anyway)

These words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1rlThKe1qo

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Working outside a house yesterday & noticed one of these guys who knocks on
your door & tries to get you to change electricity supplier. *He came over
to ask directions to the nearest shops.

Had a chat with him, apparently they are paid a basic of £300 a week & get
commission of £38 for everyone they sign up. *He reckoned his average week
was 18 signups.

Obviously a few quid in the electricity game.

How disappointing :-(

I was expecting a post about an electric powered robot that somebody
had built (or possibly, bought to make it OT).

.... and here it is, the real robocop:
http://englishrussia.com/?p=1000

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 12:52:14 +0000, A.Clews wrote:
You could always visit Star City in Russia, where cosmonauts are trained,
if you don't mind living on red cabbage and beetroot soup for the duration
of your stay.

Or just pretend - wasn't there some reality TV show a few years back
where they didn't do that?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Working outside a house yesterday & noticed one of these guys who knocks
on your door & tries to get you to change electricity supplier. He came
over to ask directions to the nearest shops.

Had a chat with him, apparently they are paid a basic of £300 a week & get
commission of £38 for everyone they sign up. He reckoned his average week
was 18 signups.

Obviously a few quid in the electricity game.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

I wonder if he was the sort that would sign up old ladies by forging their
signature?

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 2, 8:32*am, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in dia.com...

Working outside a house yesterday & noticed one of these guys who knocks
on your door & tries to get you to change electricity supplier. *He came
over to ask directions to the nearest shops.

Had a chat with him, apparently they are paid a basic of £300 a week & get
commission of £38 for everyone they sign up. *He reckoned his average week
was 18 signups.

Obviously a few quid in the electricity game.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

I wonder if he was the sort that would sign up old ladies by forging their
signature?

No forgery seems to be required. I had such a visit, said no thank
you. he say a pleasant goodbye. but as couple of weeks later I got
the "thanks for changing to XXX ellectricity" letter.

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 19:59:18 UTC, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Working outside a house yesterday & noticed one of these guys who knocks on
your door & tries to get you to change electricity supplier. He came over
to ask directions to the nearest shops.

Had a chat with him, apparently they are paid a basic of £300 a week & get
commission of £38 for everyone they sign up. He reckoned his average week
was 18 signups.

Obviously a few quid in the electricity game.

We had one of the 'switch your telephone and broadband' driods round
yesterday. My wife happened to answer the door...when told how wonderful
the broadband was, she asked the woman if it included 40 static IP
addresses. Total confusion and she left quickly!

http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
Had a chat with him, apparently they are paid a basic of £300 a week & get
commission of £38 for everyone they sign up. He reckoned his average week
was 18 signups.

Wonder what percentage of them know they've been signed up?

Obviously a few quid in the electricity game.

--
Clint Sharp