DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What are they called? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/274858-what-they-called.html)

John April 1st 09 01:25 PM

What are they called?

I need a couple of chrome caps for my lawnmower. They are the chrome dome
type that are tapped onto the end of a spindle to stop the spindle sliding
out. You usually see them on pushchairs and children's ride on toys etc.
What are they called?? I have tried googling various permutations of
chrome/cap/dome/tap on....but cannot find anything. Anybody?

Cheers

John

Adrian C April 1st 09 01:26 PM

What are they called?

http://www.bakfin.com/starlock/domedcap.html

--
Adrian C

John April 1st 09 01:34 PM

What are they called?

"Adrian C" wrote in message
John wrote:
I need a couple of chrome caps for my lawnmower. They are the chrome dome
type that are tapped onto the end of a spindle to stop the spindle
sliding out. You usually see them on pushchairs and children's ride on
toys etc. What are they called?? I have tried googling various
permutations of chrome/cap/dome/tap on....but cannot find anything.
Anybody?

http://www.bakfin.com/starlock/domedcap.html

Thanks for that I couldn't remember they were called Starlock,

Many thanks

John