DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Curtain clip (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/274641-curtain-clip.html)

[email protected] March 29th 09 09:23 PM

Curtain clip

I live in a flat without double glazing, so my curtains are important
to keep the drafts out. Unfortunately, not all my curtains hang too
well and sometimes they fall open at the bottom. I'm looking for some
kind of double ended clip to hold a pair of curtains together. Can
anybody suggest something?

Peter

Bob Minchin[_2_] March 29th 09 09:30 PM

Curtain clip

wrote:
I live in a flat without double glazing, so my curtains are important
to keep the drafts out. Unfortunately, not all my curtains hang too
well and sometimes they fall open at the bottom. I'm looking for some
kind of double ended clip to hold a pair of curtains together. Can
anybody suggest something?

Peter

A bulldog clip will do the job but might not be approved by the
artistic/cosmetic director.

Bob

[email protected] March 29th 09 10:28 PM

Curtain clip

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 13:23:54 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I live in a flat without double glazing, so my curtains are important
to keep the drafts out. Unfortunately, not all my curtains hang too
well and sometimes they fall open at the bottom. I'm looking for some
kind of double ended clip to hold a pair of curtains together. Can
anybody suggest something?

Peter

Probably too late now but an overlapping rail might have been better .
If they are lined then a bulldog clip would do .Just reach behind at
the botttom and attach the clip ..in fact even if they are not lined
that should do as well

[email protected] March 29th 09 10:46 PM

Curtain clip

On 29 Mar, 22:23, "
wrote:
I live in a flat without double glazing, so my curtains are important
to keep the drafts out. Unfortunately, not all my curtains hang too
well and sometimes they fall open at the bottom. I'm looking for some
kind of double ended clip to hold a pair of curtains together. Can
anybody suggest something?

Peter

Magnets, or 1 magnet and 1 bit of steel, sewn into the edging.

Chris

The Natural Philosopher March 30th 09 12:29 AM

Curtain clip

wrote:
I live in a flat without double glazing, so my curtains are important
to keep the drafts out. Unfortunately, not all my curtains hang too
well and sometimes they fall open at the bottom. I'm looking for some
kind of double ended clip to hold a pair of curtains together. Can
anybody suggest something?

Peter

use lead weights in the bottom seam.

Mike Clarke March 30th 09 10:14 AM

Curtain clip

wrote:

Probably too late now but an overlapping rail might have been better .

Depending on the type of rail you might be able to get special overlap
runners.

--
Mike Clarke

[email protected] April 1st 09 05:37 PM

Curtain clip

Wow - many brilliant suggestions - thank you. I might go with magnets,
just because magnets are cool.

Peter