Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default hanging/securing a stable door

The back door at the renovation property is to be a stable door. I've
never hung one of these before and would be happy to receive any hints
and tips regarding hanging it and the best way to secure it.

Cheers

Martin
--
Martin Carroll
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Martin Carroll
saying something like:

The back door at the renovation property is to be a stable door. I've
never hung one of these before and would be happy to receive any hints
and tips regarding hanging it and the best way to secure it.

First, make sure the horse is long gone.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Martin Carroll wrote:

The back door at the renovation property is to be a stable door. I've
never hung one of these before and would be happy to receive any hints
and tips regarding hanging it and the best way to secure it.

There are two normal approaches here. One is to temporarily fix the two
bits together (including a spacer between them), and then hang it as if
it were a single door - although with 4 hinges instead of two or three.
The other is to hang the bottom bit first and then use it to support the
(on a spacer again) while you hang that.

Its important that if you need to "shoot in" the door, that you do it
treating it as one door rather than two halves - or the result will
never look right.

--
Cheers,

John.

Fitting a stable door - can I simply chop a normal door and fit it? bp UK diy 10 October 19th 08 03:43 AM
Hanging a door chemqueries Home Repair 3 October 1st 05 03:04 PM
hanging a door [email protected] Home Repair 3 May 1st 05 02:39 PM
Sourcing a Part L compliant part glazed stable door Val UK diy 3 April 26th 05 09:50 PM
Securing Door in Stucco House nr Home Repair 5 March 4th 05 04:26 AM