Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Contract info ( was, protecting my deposit)

In a few months time I shall be ordering a made to measure Conservatory to
fit on the back of the house.
Anticipating that the manufacturers will require a deposit to safeguard
their manufacturing costs, how do I save my deposit if the company goes into
liquidation, I feel that the likelihood is high in the present financial
climate.
I've heard of bonded contracts, has anyone any experience of this type of
protection.
Could I do it through my bank? would a bog standard bank manager be aware of
this procedure.
Any (relevant) suggestions gratefully received.
Regards
Don

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message
In a few months time I shall be ordering a made to measure Conservatory to
fit on the back of the house.
Anticipating that the manufacturers will require a deposit to safeguard
their manufacturing costs, how do I save my deposit if the company goes
into
liquidation, I feel that the likelihood is high in the present financial
climate.
I've heard of bonded contracts, has anyone any experience of this type of
protection.
Could I do it through my bank? would a bog standard bank manager be aware
of
this procedure.
Any (relevant) suggestions gratefully received.
Regards
Don

err yesterday 7:32am post - these responses not good enough?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:28:18 +0000, Donwill wrote:

Any (relevant) suggestions gratefully received.

I should try asking on uk.legal.moderated: I'm sure you'd get some useful
replies there. Such as, say, using a crdit card.

--
John Stumbles

Testiculate [v.t]
To wave one's arms around while talking ********.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message
In a few months time I shall be ordering a made to measure Conservatory to
fit on the back of the house.
Anticipating that the manufacturers will require a deposit to safeguard
their manufacturing costs, how do I save my deposit if the company goes
into
liquidation, I feel that the likelihood is high in the present financial
climate.
I've heard of bonded contracts, has anyone any experience of this type of
protection.
Could I do it through my bank? would a bog standard bank manager be aware
of
this procedure.
Any (relevant) suggestions gratefully received.
Regards
Don

I had a conservatory erected last year and a selling point of the company
was that no money was required until completion.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vass" wrote in message

err yesterday 7:32am post - these responses not good enough?

The only responses I can see are to do with Spam,i.e totally
irrelevant.Maybe my ISP or news reader isn't working properly?
Will try and read it in Google.
Don

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:28:18 -0000, "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot
wrote:

In a few months time I shall be ordering a made to measure Conservatory to
fit on the back of the house.
Anticipating that the manufacturers will require a deposit to safeguard
their manufacturing costs, how do I save my deposit if the company goes into
liquidation, I feel that the likelihood is high in the present financial
climate.
I've heard of bonded contracts, has anyone any experience of this type of
protection.
Could I do it through my bank? would a bog standard bank manager be aware of
this procedure.
Any (relevant) suggestions gratefully received.
Regards

Why don't you pay all or part of the deposit with a credit card as we
have already suggested to you?

--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:28:18 +0000, Donwill wrote:

Any (relevant) suggestions gratefully received.

I should try asking on uk.legal.moderated: I'm sure you'd get some useful
replies there. Such as, say, using a crdit card.

--
John Stumbles

Testiculate [v.t]
To wave one's arms around while talking ********.

Does this make EU ministers ecotesticulators ?

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

--
(\__/) *M.
posted from there. *If you wish your postings to be seen by

Mark
I can sympathise with what this Footnote says but the format of that
website is not the way to solve the problem. It is far to aggressive,
both technically and personally, towards the people that it wants to
convert away from Google groups.

I am technically competent as far as the PC is concerned and I've
tried a couple of times to use other applications for using the groups
that Google present to me, but for one reason or another I've found
that I'm familiar with the Groups structure and I cannot get on terms
with the format otherwise presented.

If you want to get involved with a website which has the aim of making
life easier for all, then it needs to be far more user friendly and
more supportive of those that are not familiar with all the terms that
the site authors are using. It also needs to link to tutorials in how
to set up these alternative applications that it enthuses about.

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Mar, 17:06, Rob G wrote:

[...]

As we're veering in an off-topic direction, I've used usenet for years
(since 1994 in fact, I used to use some software called Pine back then
as I recall). I've used all sorts of newsreaders over the years, and I
am now an avowed Google Groups user. If some people can't see my posts
through choice I don't mind, I'm sure I miss many that are much more
useful than mine anyway.

Cheers!

Martin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:06:44 -0700 (PDT), Rob G

(\__/) *M.
posted from there. *If you wish your postings to be seen by
Seehttp://improve-usenet.org

Mark
I can sympathise with what this Footnote says but the format of that
website is not the way to solve the problem. It is far to aggressive,
both technically and personally, towards the people that it wants to
convert away from Google groups.

I hadn't looked at that web site for a while and you're absolutely
right. It is very negative now, but it was not always so. I will be
removing it from my sig.

I am technically competent as far as the PC is concerned and I've
tried a couple of times to use other applications for using the groups
that Google present to me, but for one reason or another I've found
that I'm familiar with the Groups structure and I cannot get on terms
with the format otherwise presented.

I am the opposite in that I find a offline newsreader much easier to
use. I have used google groups and find it a pain. It is hard to
quote properly and almost impossible to customize. But then I have
been using usenet since way before the web existed.

If you want to get involved with a website which has the aim of making
life easier for all, then it needs to be far more user friendly and
more supportive of those that are not familiar with all the terms that
the site authors are using. It also needs to link to tutorials in how
to set up these alternative applications that it enthuses about.

There are still tutorials and guides there but the front page would
probably put most people off from looking further.

--
(\__/) M.

Protecting a deposit? Donwill UK diy 7 March 10th 09 08:49 AM
Security deposit Mekon Woodworking 0 August 20th 06 11:27 PM
If I cancel between contract and closing do I lose deposit? Dwayne Hoover Home Ownership 5 August 15th 06 08:41 PM
3% earnest deposit; radon in contract [email protected] Home Ownership 2 January 7th 05 08:03 PM