Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default will we use a waste disposal unit????

New kitchen is in the post, do we want a waste disposal unit or are
they more faff than they are worth? We have a fortnightly bin
collection and the bins can need a wide berth in the summer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

misterroy wrote:
New kitchen is in the post, do we want a waste disposal unit or are
they more faff than they are worth? We have a fortnightly bin
collection and the bins can need a wide berth in the summer.

Well worth it but don't get a weedy one and make sure you have a
pneumatic switch at the front of the sink.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5 Mar, 18:37, NoSpam wrote:
misterroy wrote:
New kitchen is in the post, do we want a waste disposal unit or are
they more faff than they are worth? We have a fortnightly bin
collection and the bins can need a wide berth in the summer.

Well worth it but don't get a weedy one and make sure you have a
pneumatic switch at the front of the sink.

Dave

Thinking of getting one in new kitchen.
Whats the significance of the pneumatic switch ?
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Al Al is offline

Whats the significance of the pneumatic switch ?

Wet hands + electricity = Ouch.

Al.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6 Mar 2009 13:27:32 GMT, Al wrote:

Whats the significance of the pneumatic switch ?

Wet hands + electricity = Ouch.

Al.

Unless you instal one with a magnetic switch, as in the sink(disposal unit)
plug.

--
The Wanderer

Most organizations are like Russian dolls
- each has another inside.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Al Al is offline

New kitchen is in the post, do we want a waste disposal unit or are
they more faff than they are worth?

We had one in our last place, but not this one.

I miss it. Would get one but for our Dickensian plumbing.

Al.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

misterroy wrote:

New kitchen is in the post, do we want a waste disposal unit or are
they more faff than they are worth? We have a fortnightly bin
collection and the bins can need a wide berth in the summer.

Had a Bosch unit for 15 years. No trouble. Doesn't like nails and
hinges though.

waste disposal units gazz UK diy 9 October 1st 08 09:16 AM
waterproof switch (for waste disposal unit) raden UK diy 1 December 27th 06 10:59 PM
Waste Disposal Kevin UK diy 7 July 29th 04 01:27 PM
Kitchen waste disposal unit dead a_mcbride UK diy 2 July 5th 04 06:10 PM
FS: Waste disposal unit Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot UK diy 0 April 2nd 04 10:36 AM