Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Something rotten at the core of HETAS?

I recently was given a HETAS certificate that was filled in
incorrectly by the HETAS registered company and engineer who lined my
chimney and installed my Rayburn.

The inaccuracies consisted of:

1. The liner is castin-situ, certificate says stainless steel.
2. The liner is 7", the certificate says 6".
3. No permanent air vent was provided, the certificate says it was.
4. Certificate claims a new hearth/surround was provided (it wasn't)
5. Certificate claims flue/appliance was commissioned with a smoke
test (it wasn't)

I thought I might as well check with HETAS to see if they got the top
copy of the certificate. It appears they have no idea! They are so
incompetent that they don't even know whether they have received the
certificate or not.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
I recently was given a HETAS certificate that was filled in
incorrectly by the HETAS registered company and engineer who lined my
chimney and installed my Rayburn.

The inaccuracies consisted of:

1. The liner is castin-situ, certificate says stainless steel.
2. The liner is 7", the certificate says 6".
3. No permanent air vent was provided, the certificate says it was.
4. Certificate claims a new hearth/surround was provided (it wasn't)
5. Certificate claims flue/appliance was commissioned with a smoke
test (it wasn't)

I thought I might as well check with HETAS to see if they got the top
copy of the certificate. It appears they have no idea! They are so
incompetent that they don't even know whether they have received the
certificate or not.

Try a formal approach -
In http://www.hetas.co.uk/pdfs/What%20is%20HETAS.pdf
HETAS has the duty laid upon it to inform the relevant Local
Authority of the work done by its Registered Installers so that it is
available as part of the information
required for the Home Information Pack before a house can be sold or relet.

and in the same document

It has an independent Chairman, Mr Andrew Horsler, who also looks after
consumer interests with Mr. Bruce Allen Chief Executive
PeterK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

missed the email address CEO - Bruce Allen bruce.allen @
hetas.co.uk.
(I added the spaces - no need to get him spammed.)
PeterK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 3 Mar, 16:34, "PeterK" wrote:
missed the email address CEO - Bruce Allen bruce.allen * * * * @
hetas.co.uk.
(I added the spaces - no need to get him spammed.)
PeterK

I've just had an email from them, following another reminder from me,
stating they are still looking into it. If I get no joy in another
week or so, then I'll approach the CEO as you suggest. Thanks!