Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Lidl Cordless Grass & Hedge Trimmer

Next week (05.03.09), Lidl are offering a "Cordless Grass & Hedge
Trimmer" for 24.95. As usual the description is a bit, umm, brief.

As many of their products have been available in the past, I was
wondering if anyone here can fill in the gaps - or even give some
feedback on the product.

How heavy is it?

Is it a NiCd battery?

Are replacement blades available? (It only claims that it has a "Quick
blade change mechanism" - not that you can get them at a sensible price.)

They claim a "Wide range of accessories". Any idea of what they might be?

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

No help in this case, but if you haven't come across this site before,
the manuals for Lidl's electrical goods can generally be found he

http://www.kompernass.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

mike wrote:
No help in this case, but if you haven't come across this site before,
the manuals for Lidl's electrical goods can generally be found he

http://www.kompernass.com/

No - I hadn't. (In general I have not found it convenient to get to
Lidl, so only rarely was interested, but I shall be working fairly close
to one as of next week... :-) )

Thank you.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mike" wrote in message
No help in this case, but if you haven't come across this site before,
the manuals for Lidl's electrical goods can generally be found he

http://www.kompernass.com/

Thanks for that, but typically...

I gave it a try out...and looked for my DVD player:
Silvercrest DVD player KH 6506. It was not listed.
There were KH 6504 and KH 6507 and others but not the KH 6506.

But I'm not surprised because support sites often seem to list every model
except the one I'm looking for. Why does it work out that way? How do
they know to omit the things I was daft enough to buy?

Roger R

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod" wrote in message
Next week (05.03.09), Lidl are offering a "Cordless Grass & Hedge Trimmer"
for 24.95. As usual the description is a bit, umm, brief.

As many of their products have been available in the past, I was wondering
if anyone here can fill in the gaps - or even give some feedback on the
product.

How heavy is it?

Is it a NiCd battery?

Are replacement blades available? (It only claims that it has a "Quick
blade change mechanism" - not that you can get them at a sensible price.)

They claim a "Wide range of accessories". Any idea of what they might be?

--
Rod

onset.

IMHO I would not bother with battery, a hedge trimmer needs decent power,
go mains power (or petrol)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Rick Hughes wrote:

IMHO I would not bother with battery, a hedge trimmer needs decent
power, go mains power (or petrol)

Not interested in the hedge trimmer aspect - only the grass/edge trimming.

Must be battery, partner wants to be able to use it and that is what she
thinks she might manage. Petrol is right out.

For me, I would go for mains.

Thanks.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Roger R
writes

I gave it a try out...and looked for my DVD player:
Silvercrest DVD player KH 6506. It was not listed.
There were KH 6504 and KH 6507 and others but not the KH 6506.

The manual for that is on
http://www.mysilvercrest.de/en/artikel.php?a=118&av=2
available as a download Roger

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Help with Electric Hedge Trimmer Dimitrios Paskoudniakis Home Repair 6 March 5th 07 04:31 PM
Thanks for hedge trimmer advice [email protected] Home Repair 2 June 18th 06 03:42 PM
hedge trimmer Tony Pacc Home Repair 8 June 15th 06 07:33 AM
Which Hedge Trimmer Deep Thought UK diy 14 May 1st 05 12:29 AM
Hedge trimmer D & J G Home Repair 0 April 30th 05 06:04 PM