Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rayburn indentification

Any Rayburn experts out there able to tell me anything about a Rayburn
that's within a property we are about to complete on?

There's been water ingress from above so the pics do make it look
worse than it actually is (honest)

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...009/Linklater/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sean wrote:
Any Rayburn experts out there able to tell me anything about a Rayburn
that's within a property we are about to complete on?

There's been water ingress from above so the pics do make it look
worse than it actually is (honest)

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...009/Linklater/

That's a rayburn (because it has square hob covers) with a pressure jet
oil system, I believe, this one:

http://www.rayburn-web.co.uk/raytech/ident/ident360.htm

They often look a bit disastrous like that if they haven't been used for
a while but so long as there hasn't been water coming down the chimney
into it it should clean up fine. Check the enamel for cracks or wear
marks. Inspect the flue for water/rust if you can. Has it recently been
in use?

You can get someone out to service them and clean the flue, but to be
honest it's not necessary - there's plenty of information on how to do
it yourself online.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim wrote:
There's been water ingress from above so the pics do make it look
worse than it actually is (honest)

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...009/Linklater/

That's a rayburn (because it has square hob covers) with a pressure jet
oil system, I believe, this one:

http://www.rayburn-web.co.uk/raytech/ident/ident360.htm

They often look a bit disastrous like that if they haven't been used for
a while but so long as there hasn't been water coming down the chimney
into it it should clean up fine. Check the enamel for cracks or wear
marks. Inspect the flue for water/rust if you can. Has it recently been
in use?

You can get someone out to service them and clean the flue, but to be
honest it's not necessary - there's plenty of information on how to do
it yourself online.

I should say, having had a bit more of a look at those specs, given that
it's a pressurised oil one rather than one with a wick it would probably
be worth getting it serviced by a qualified oil heating engineer.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Sean" wrote in message
Any Rayburn experts out there able to tell me anything about a Rayburn
that's within a property we are about to complete on?

There's been water ingress from above so the pics do make it look
worse than it actually is (honest)

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...009/Linklater/

That doesn't look like an original Rayburn burner assembly, I suspect the
original has been taken out and a conversion put in. I wonder if it was gas
originally?
I had a solid fuel converted to oil Stanley and that looks like the same
unit that was in mine, air adjuster control and all. The asbestos wool is
certainly not standard like that.

Des

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Oil fired conventional flue it would seem from the pictures but they are not
clear enough to determine the model.
Look here
http://www.rayburn-web.co.uk/raytech/default.htm

You should be able to figure out your model.

"Sean" wrote in message
Any Rayburn experts out there able to tell me anything about a Rayburn
that's within a property we are about to complete on?

There's been water ingress from above so the pics do make it look
worse than it actually is (honest)

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...009/Linklater/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well having now spoken to Aga tech peeps it look like it's a pre 1991
PJ - this is now known as the 460 range and was fitted as standard
with the Unigas oil buner - at some point after 1991 the burner fitted
was changed to another (cheaper) make however GP Burners do still
produce spares for it so there is hope that it will live to heat
another day.

I've found a local company who have records of serviceing it during
2006, however the house hasnt been occupied since early 2008 and the
cowl is now missing and the flashing on the chimney is shot so the
quanity of water that's been down the flue could be significant - a
day or twos works with some wire wool may well be needed.

rayburn 80 spares [email protected] UK diy 3 March 20th 08 05:44 PM
rayburn 80 [email protected] UK diy 0 November 11th 06 10:07 AM
Rayburn efficiency? Helen UK diy 260 January 25th 06 07:57 PM
rayburn 80 question les UK diy 0 November 14th 05 06:39 PM
Rayburn paint darby UK diy 0 August 24th 05 02:10 PM