Posted to ed.general,uk.d-i-y

Default screw-mount light fixtures

Anyone know where you can buy either ES-mount pendant
light sockets or adapters that will let you put an ES
bulb in a BC socket?

Edinburgh shop preferred.

GoGS don't have them.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Posted to ed.general,uk.d-i-y
Ian Ian is offline

On 12 Feb, 15:35, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
Anyone know where you can buy either ES-mount pendant
light sockets or adapters that will let you put an ES
bulb in a BC socket?

IKEA.

Ian
Posted to ed.general,uk.d-i-y

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:
Anyone know where you can buy either ES-mount pendant
light sockets or adapters that will let you put an ES
bulb in a BC socket?

Edinburgh shop preferred.

GoGS don't have them.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====

Try
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...ors/index.html

Malcolm
Posted to ed.general,uk.d-i-y
PoB PoB is offline

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
| Anyone know where you can buy either ES-mount pendant
| light sockets or adapters that will let you put an ES
| bulb in a BC socket?
|
| Edinburgh shop preferred.
|
| GoGS don't have them.

Maplin, Dalry Road

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?MenuNo=12063&MenuName=Mains+Lampholder s&FromMenu=y&doy=12m2

Posted to ed.general,uk.d-i-y

On Feb 12, 3:35*pm, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
Anyone know where you can buy either ES-mount pendant
light sockets or adapters that will let you put an ES
bulb in a BC socket?

The hoover spares shop in Leith walk do many obscure and interesting
bulbs - they probably would know where else to try at least.

I've recently discovered that they are in fact an outpost of GoGS (or,
perhaps, GoGS is an outpost of them, it is not clear).

Posted to ed.general,uk.d-i-y

Anyone know where you can buy either ES-mount pendant
light sockets or adapters that will let you put an ES
bulb in a BC socket?
Edinburgh shop preferred.

Just got a couple from IKEA. With a rather strange story.

They sell 150W halogen bulbs to go in them. The fittings
are rated at 75W max. The sales assistant claims this is
OK. Since halogen bulbs aren't that much more efficient
than ordinary incandescents, 150W of electricity in must
mean more than 75W of heat out. I don't see how this can
possibly be legal or safe.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Posted to ed.general,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009, Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Anyone know where you can buy either ES-mount pendant
light sockets or adapters that will let you put an ES
bulb in a BC socket?
Edinburgh shop preferred.

Just got a couple from IKEA.

I missed the OP, so replying to Jack's.

You may want to ring Operon:

http://www.searchme4.co.uk/kemps/company-8096054.html

HTH,

Kostas
Posted to ed.general,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Anyone know where you can buy either ES-mount pendant
light sockets or adapters that will let you put an ES
bulb in a BC socket?
Edinburgh shop preferred.

Just got a couple from IKEA. With a rather strange story.

They sell 150W halogen bulbs to go in them. The fittings
are rated at 75W max.

What can they possibly be made out of such that they can only handle
75W? Cheese?

Usually a limit like that refers to the lampshade.

-- Richard
Posted to ed.general,uk.d-i-y

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

They sell 150W halogen bulbs to go in them. The fittings
are rated at 75W max.

If the fittings can only handle an upper limit of 75 watts I'd be wary
of using them to power anything, let alone a bulb.

--
Mike Dickson, Edinburgh

Free Music Project: http://www.last.fm/music/Mike+Dickson
Or http://www.mikedickson.org.uk/

Ikea light fixtures - how to mount? Nate Nagel Home Repair 8 May 26th 08 10:56 PM
How many fluorescent light fixtures? Tony Hwang Home Repair 1 February 17th 08 05:35 PM
canister light fixtures - where to buy? [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 13th 08 05:32 AM
light fixtures zara Home Repair 0 May 5th 06 12:04 AM
Outdoor light fixtures... [email protected] Home Repair 4 August 2nd 05 12:51 PM