Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Awkward Coving & Cornice

I'm just finishing off a kitchen install and the last bit left is the
cornice around the top of the high cupboards.

Once I started putting the kitchen together that our ceiling is lower
than normal - about 2.3m
We have standard plaster coving around the room - 150mm?

The problem I have is the cornice is quite wide and the cupboards high
on the walls. I couldn't mount the cupboards lower as there are full
height units too (larder/oven etc)

The cornice clashes with the coving such that I have a real awkward
curve issue.
I've uploaded a photo to give an idea:
http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=covepk4.jpg

I think there are 3 solutions:
1) Somehow scribe the cornice to the coving. I have made a cardboard
template etc but have no idea how to cut this.
2) Mark the coving and cut the coving to sit the cornice into.
3) Don't fit the cornice at all.

What would the (semi) pro carpenters and joiners do?

Thanks
Painters10

cornice/pelmet white gloss benpost UK diy 2 December 4th 08 04:17 PM
Coving/Cornice a bay window fuzzy!! UK diy 7 November 8th 06 06:23 PM
cornice Picker UK diy 0 May 23rd 05 09:20 PM
Preserving cornice on dilapidated ceiling Martin Pentreath UK diy 7 March 29th 05 10:33 AM
Fitting Cornice on MFI bedroom cabinets Capitol UK diy 1 February 12th 05 01:24 AM