Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cleaning battery corrosion

I have a torch which has some corrosion from the batteries on the terminals.
What is the best method and what to use to clean thhe terminals?
Thanks, Jan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 16:14:16 -0000, "Janice"
wrote:

I have a torch which has some corrosion from the batteries on the terminals.
What is the best method and what to use to clean thhe terminals?
Thanks, Jan

If just on the surface fine abrasive paper. Anything else you are
looking at solvent cleaners but unless you really value it just chuck
it and buy another.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Janice wrote:
I have a torch which has some corrosion from the batteries on the terminals.
What is the best method and what to use to clean thhe terminals?

One of the fibreglass pencils are good for this sort of thing. Like:

http://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/101...l/dp/SABU10191

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
I have a torch which has some corrosion from the batteries on the
terminals. What is the best method and what to use to clean thhe
terminals?

One of the fibreglass pencils are good for this sort of thing. Like:

http://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/101...l/dp/SABU10191

They work, but the dust from them can be extremely irritating.

--
*Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
I have a torch which has some corrosion from the batteries on the
terminals. What is the best method and what to use to clean thhe
terminals?

One of the fibreglass pencils are good for this sort of thing. Like:

http://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/101...l/dp/SABU10191

They work, but the dust from them can be extremely irritating.

Yup, I was thinking of mentioning that but but was feeling lazy at the
time! But yes, you get lots of glass splinters if you don't brush the
dust away carefully.

--
Cheers,

John.