Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rats!

My son just phoned. He has a victorian terraced house with an open
hopper drain from the bath waste.
He wondered why his bath water was taking an age to drain away and
found that the hopper was overflowing.
Further investigation and probing found a rat stuck up the drain pipe.
What a way to go even for a rat!
Time he fitted a new closed soil pipe methinks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"chudford" wrote
My son just phoned. He has a victorian terraced house with an open
hopper drain from the bath waste.
He wondered why his bath water was taking an age to drain away and
found that the hopper was overflowing.
Further investigation and probing found a rat stuck up the drain pipe.
What a way to go even for a rat!

Better find it there than feel it nuzzling your ass when you're on the pan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 07:29:51 -0800 (PST), chudford wrote:

My son just phoned. He has a victorian terraced house with an open
hopper drain from the bath waste.
He wondered why his bath water was taking an age to drain away and
found that the hopper was overflowing.
Further investigation and probing found a rat stuck up the drain pipe.
What a way to go even for a rat!
Time he fitted a new closed soil pipe methinks.

or, simpler, I extended the shoe at the bottom of the pipe out to above the
grid then put another shoe on the end; also used an off-cut of about 100mm
pipe around the end on the grid. Then shaped some plastic grid stuff that
was loitering nearby to cover most of the gully and rolled and shaped a bit
of chicken wire to go under the extension to stop leaves being blown in.
Not sure that this would handle the flow from a bath but 'tis OK for shower
and basin.
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

chudford wrote:
My son just phoned. He has a victorian terraced house with an open
hopper drain from the bath waste.
He wondered why his bath water was taking an age to drain away and
found that the hopper was overflowing.
Further investigation and probing found a rat stuck up the drain pipe.
What a way to go even for a rat!
Time he fitted a new closed soil pipe methinks.

Blimey. And there was me with a frog blocking me **** tank.

Its WAR I tell you.

Rats Kevin UK diy 35 January 27th 06 07:32 PM
Rats! Mike Barnes UK diy 103 December 2nd 05 09:26 PM
Rats! Paradox Home Repair 22 January 22nd 05 10:10 PM
Rats!!!!! art Home Ownership 8 September 3rd 04 06:42 PM
rats MB UK diy 0 April 5th 04 10:05 AM