Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Zircon stud detectors

Hello,

I understand that Zircon stud detectors are recommended by this group.
I've looked at the Zircon web site and see they sell two types: edge
finders and centre finders. If you want to screw a shelf into a stud,
I guess the centre finder is best but if you are trying to avoid
cutting into a stud/joist, I suppose the edge variety is better?

What models do you use and do they work?

I'm having problems with a stud wall (that's another post) and I
bought one but I'm getting a lot of false positives so I'm thinking
about sending it back!

Thanks,
Stephen.