Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Funny people

T'other day I fixed a leaking basin waste for - a Mr & Mrs Plumb :-)

But thats not what the post is about. Lady wants me to do a few jobs;
squeaking floor, new skirting boards etc - and replace the hinges on all the
internal doors. 13 of them, 3 hinges on each. She's already bought the
hinges.

Why? She's just had the place redecorated & told the painter not to paint
the hinges. He did, and its flaked off them in small areas. She doesn't
like it & is willing to pay my normal rates to change them.

Nowt as queer as folk.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
T'other day I fixed a leaking basin waste for - a Mr & Mrs Plumb :-)

But thats not what the post is about. Lady wants me to do a few jobs;
squeaking floor, new skirting boards etc - and replace the hinges on all
the internal doors. 13 of them, 3 hinges on each. She's already bought
the hinges.

How are you going to make the floor squeak?

Why? She's just had the place redecorated & told the painter not to paint
the hinges. He did, and its flaked off them in small areas. She doesn't
like it & is willing to pay my normal rates to change them.

Painted hinges are **** IMHO.

Nowt as queer as folk.

I agree.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
om...

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
T'other day I fixed a leaking basin waste for - a Mr & Mrs Plumb :-)

But thats not what the post is about. Lady wants me to do a few jobs;
squeaking floor, new skirting boards etc - and replace the hinges on all
the internal doors. 13 of them, 3 hinges on each. She's already bought
the hinges.

How are you going to make the floor squeak?

Why? She's just had the place redecorated & told the painter not to paint
the hinges. He did, and its flaked off them in small areas. She doesn't
like it & is willing to pay my normal rates to change them.

Painted hinges are **** IMHO.

Nowt as queer as folk.

I agree.

Adam

Always remove door - remove all fittings - lay door across a couple of
trestles and paint it flat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

T'other day I fixed a leaking basin waste for - a Mr & Mrs Plumb :-)

Isnt this sort of thing covered by the data protection act?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
om...

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
T'other day I fixed a leaking basin waste for - a Mr & Mrs Plumb :-)

But thats not what the post is about. Lady wants me to do a few jobs;
squeaking floor, new skirting boards etc - and replace the hinges on all
the internal doors. 13 of them, 3 hinges on each. She's already bought
the hinges.

How are you going to make the floor squeak?

Put some mice in ???
Wavey Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:

T'other day I fixed a leaking basin waste for - a Mr & Mrs Plumb :-)

Do they run the 'PlumbCentre' ??
Wavey Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
T'other day I fixed a leaking basin waste for - a Mr & Mrs Plumb :-)

But thats not what the post is about. Lady wants me to do a few
jobs; squeaking floor, new skirting boards etc - and replace the
hinges on all the internal doors. 13 of them, 3 hinges on each. She's
already bought the hinges.

How are you going to make the floor squeak?

Why? She's just had the place redecorated & told the painter not to
paint
the hinges. He did, and its flaked off them in small areas. She
doesn't like it & is willing to pay my normal rates to change them.

Painted hinges are **** IMHO.

Adam,

"Painted hinges are **** IMHO."

When steel hinges are used you must ask the question - do you prefer the
paint or rust finish on the hinges sir?

Now if you're talking about brass or other non-ferrous hinges - then I quite
agree.

Disbeliever

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
T'other day I fixed a leaking basin waste for - a Mr & Mrs Plumb :-)

But thats not what the post is about. Lady wants me to do a few jobs;
squeaking floor, new skirting boards etc - and replace the hinges on all
the internal doors. 13 of them, 3 hinges on each. She's already bought
the hinges.

Why? She's just had the place redecorated & told the painter not to paint
the hinges. He did, and its flaked off them in small areas. She doesn't
like it & is willing to pay my normal rates to change them.

Nowt as queer as folk.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

First job of the day.

Lights not working downstairs.

Last night the customers teenage son hammered a load of screws (yes hammered
screws) into the creaking floorboard in his bedroom and the downstairs
lighting fuse popped. He got away lightly as he stopped when the lights went
out and the other creaking board that he was going to fix had the CH pipes
under it.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something
like:

Really, who gives a ****?