Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PING Andrew Gabriel - Copper Underfloor Heating

Hi Andrew,

Last Nov 2008, you mentioned a system of UFH done with 10mm copper under the
floorboards.

Do you have any feeling for how hot the air gets in the inter-joist void,
under the pipes?

Your system would fit *very* well in my house, but I'm wondering how much to
derate the electrical cables by.

I've got the margin to go to about 45C or possibly 50C ambient air temp
absolute max.

I don't imagine the air gets that hot - but as you're heating an entire room
through wood, I'm not certain of that.

Ta muchly in advance.

Tim

Best underfloor heating [email protected] UK diy 14 November 13th 08 12:06 AM
Underfloor heating janie UK diy 4 March 19th 07 05:26 PM
Underfloor heating as primary heating mkkbb UK diy 58 October 15th 06 01:34 PM
Electric Underfloor Heating - AHT Heating [email protected] UK diy 11 March 14th 06 12:50 PM
Underfloor Heating KJR UK diy 0 July 6th 05 08:24 PM