Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sources for kitchen worktops on a budget requested - North West

I am in the process of kitchen renovation on a budget and seeking worktop.

Looking at the sheds a 3 M length of 38mm worktop is around the £75 mark.

It came to mind that there must be some trade suppliers in the area ( West
of Manchester ) that we don't know of who probably have better prices for
the same worktop.

Can anyone suggest any that we could use?

Web site addresses would be useful if known.

Thanks - JD

--
The eMail address used in newsgroups is invalid - reply to group only for me
to see.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JDT2Q" wrote in message
I am in the process of kitchen renovation on a budget and seeking worktop.

Looking at the sheds a 3 M length of 38mm worktop is around the £75 mark.

It came to mind that there must be some trade suppliers in the area ( West
of Manchester ) that we don't know of who probably have better prices for
the same worktop.

Can anyone suggest any that we could use?

Web site addresses would be useful if known.

IKEA? something like 40 quid for a length iirc

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

On 14 Jan, 11:37, "JDT2Q" wrote:
I am in the process of kitchen renovation on a budget and seeking worktop..

Looking at the sheds a 3 M length of 38mm worktop is around the £75 mark.

It came to mind that there must be some trade suppliers in the area ( West
of Manchester ) that we don't know of who probably have better prices for
the same worktop.

Can anyone suggest any that we could use?

Web site addresses would be useful if known.

Thanks - JD

--
The eMail address used in newsgroups is invalid - reply to group only for me
to see.

ebay?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/kitchen-wor...pZ34QQsbrsrtZd

Jim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JDT2Q wrote:

I am in the process of kitchen renovation on a budget and seeking worktop.

Looking at the sheds a 3 M length of 38mm worktop is around the £75 mark.

It came to mind that there must be some trade suppliers in the area ( West
of Manchester ) that we don't know of who probably have better prices for
the same worktop.

Howdens (trade only) do a limited range of 28mm for £35.
Wickes are £55 iirc for 38mm.
Dont know of any cheaper.
Alan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

JDT2Q wrote:
I am in the process of kitchen renovation on a budget and seeking
worktop.
Looking at the sheds a 3 M length of 38mm worktop is around the £75
mark.

£53 to £58 at Wickes, they also have books of discount coupons. They are
currently giving these away like confetti, I've got hakf a dozen. 20% off
in Jan, so that could bring it down to £42 ish.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A.Lee wrote:
JDT2Q wrote:

I am in the process of kitchen renovation on a budget and seeking
worktop.

Looking at the sheds a 3 M length of 38mm worktop is around the £75
mark.

It came to mind that there must be some trade suppliers in the area
( West of Manchester ) that we don't know of who probably have
better prices for the same worktop.

Howdens (trade only) do a limited range of 28mm for £35.
Wickes are £55 iirc for 38mm.

Wickes 28mm was around £18 when I bought some last week.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
A.Lee wrote:
JDT2Q wrote:

I am in the process of kitchen renovation on a budget and seeking
worktop.

Looking at the sheds a 3 M length of 38mm worktop is around the £75
mark.

It came to mind that there must be some trade suppliers in the area
( West of Manchester ) that we don't know of who probably have
better prices for the same worktop.

Howdens (trade only) do a limited range of 28mm for £35.
Wickes are £55 iirc for 38mm.

Wickes 28mm was around £18 when I bought some last week.

Homebase had some 28mm for a similar price (probably 2m but I can't
remember, I was looking out as I want some cheap worktop for the utility
room
--
Chris French

Kitchen Worktops graham UK diy 14 February 20th 07 03:49 PM
Subsidence in North West London bushgza UK diy 9 November 17th 06 11:53 PM
Kitchen worktops David UK diy 1 October 8th 05 11:31 AM
Kitchen worktops HD UK diy 5 June 16th 04 09:11 AM
Furniture quality timber supplies - North West London Eric the Red UK diy 3 September 4th 03 09:56 PM