Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vaillant TurboMax 824/2 Hot water problem. Diverter valve ?

Hi all

as you'd expect, over Xmas, we had boiler problems. Central heating is
fine, radiators getting to top temperature. However, when hot water is
switched on, it's only getting to 40C.

I checked the boiler, and it's panel says boiler temperature is
running at 75C. But feeling the hot water pipe from the boiler it
*really* is 40C.

Initially, switching the heating off, then turning the tap on seemed
tp fix it. However now, it's staying at 40, whether then heating is
off or not.

Opening the panel, and dropping down the control board exposes the
lower gubbins of the boiler. Reading the installation instructions I
located the "diverter valve" and gave it a tap with a screwdriver. The
output temperature increased to 50C ... but we're back to 40C again.

Do these symptoms point to a diverter valve failure, and what can I
expect to pay (1) for the valve and (2) to get it fitted. We have a
Homeserve policy on the boiler, but I like to be forearmed, as in my
experience they never actually cover anything that can go wrong with
the boiler ....

Thanks in advance, and hey ....
Happy New Year !!!!