Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default plastering roughly

Hi all. Hope you can help..

I want to do some rough plastering. The sort in which you can see
some trowel marks and the odd ripple or two.

I'm OK at 2-coat skimming but I've never done rough plastering
work before.

Can anyone advise me on the type of plaster to use and the
technique - so that I can have a bit of a practice first?

Thanks.

Howard.

--
HowieC
www.writeproper.co.uk

Apply the usual ROTten Baker's-Dozen to the following to reply by email:
R-Znvy: hfrargNGjevgrcebcre.pbQBGhx
Fxlcr: ubjvr10

Posted to uk.d-i-y

HowieC wrote:
Hi all. Hope you can help..

--
HowieC
www.writeproper.co.uk
Copywriter | Enhanced Proofreading | English Language Consultant.

Wow, that's a dangerous sig to use when posting to usenet... ;-)

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"HowieC" wrote in message
Hi all. Hope you can help..

I want to do some rough plastering. The sort in which you can see
some trowel marks and the odd ripple or two.

I'm OK at 2-coat skimming but I've never done rough plastering
work before.

Can anyone advise me on the type of plaster to use and the
technique - so that I can have a bit of a practice first?

I used ordinary bonding as it was being painted white after.
Trowel it on as thick as required, probably about 1 to 3cm thick. Using a
flat spread trowel wobble the trowel around where you need a rougher or
textured pattern in an arc and for ripples I waffled the trowel. I hear you
can use a screwed up rag like rag-rolling paint to give a different effect
pressing it into the plaster to give indentations

I have seen a strange effect produced using of all things a large saucepan.
The guy pressed it into the plaster at an angle producing semi-circles at
20-30mm apart. Looked quite "different"