Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default uPVC Window Latches

I have a property I rent out to tenants and some parts of some windows have
"gone missing". They are pieces of uPVC approx 50mm long by 20mm wide and
6mm thick with tapered ends that the handle 'sticky out bits' rest on when
the windows are closed. Does anybody know the corresct term for these bits
and if they can be obtained from anywhere either high street or t'internet?

Cheers

John

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

John wrote:

some parts of some windows have
"gone missing". They are pieces of uPVC approx 50mm long by 20mm wide and
6mm thick with tapered ends that the handle 'sticky out bits' rest on when
the windows are closed. Does anybody know the corresct term for these bits
and if they can be obtained from anywhere either high street or t'internet?

Wedges?

http://www.handlestore.com/accessori....php?cat_id=30

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
John wrote:

some parts of some windows have "gone missing". They are pieces of
uPVC approx 50mm long by 20mm wide and 6mm thick with tapered ends
that the handle 'sticky out bits' rest on when the windows are
closed. Does anybody know the corresct term for these bits and if
they can be obtained from anywhere either high street or t'internet?

Wedges?

http://www.handlestore.com/accessori....php?cat_id=30

Thanks for flagging up a really useful-looking site: duly 'favourited'!
David

Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

John coughed up some electrons that declared:

I have a property I rent out to tenants and some parts of some windows
have
"gone missing". They are pieces of uPVC approx 50mm long by 20mm wide and
6mm thick with tapered ends that the handle 'sticky out bits' rest on when
the windows are closed. Does anybody know the corresct term for these
bits and if they can be obtained from anywhere either high street or
t'internet?

Cheers

John

Along with the internet suppliers already mentioned, if you can retrieve one
from another window, a glazier in town should be able to sell you some, or
get them in.

Cheers

Tim
Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
news

Wedges?

http://www.handlestore.com/accessori....php?cat_id=30

That's the chicken, thanks. There's a guy selling them on Ebay for around
£4 for 10 (incl P&P). So I just need to get a thickness measurement and
order some.

Thanks again

John

uPVC window queries [email protected] UK diy 14 May 20th 08 02:01 PM
UPVC Window hinges Nigel Molesworth UK diy 4 March 26th 06 04:50 PM
UPVC Window frames Ian Cornish UK diy 4 August 20th 05 10:00 AM
UPVC Window Cleaner Steve Burrows UK diy 10 April 24th 05 09:15 PM
Sliding Window Latches Bob G Home Repair 0 November 13th 04 03:55 PM