Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default MFI Collapses

But then, this is hardly news is it?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Firth wrote:

But then, this is hardly news is it?

Nope. My brother stupidly ordered up some spares from them for an oven
they'd supplied as part of a package. They debited his card immediately -
but they weren't forthcoming despite them claiming they had them when he
ordered by phone.

He doesn't bother with computers ;-) so I said I'd try and find what he
wanted elsewhere. Took all of a couple of minutes - and at half the price
he'd paid to MFI. Delivered the next day.

Last I heard he was still arguing about getting his money back.

--
*When blondes have more fun, do they know it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .

But then, this is hardly news is it?

MFI collapses ??
Just like their products then!
Wavey Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 15:18:20 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..

But then, this is hardly news is it?

MFI collapses ??
Just like their products then!
Wavey Dave

Might have been true in the early years but not more recently...well
not in my experience but of course ,the myth survives.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..

But then, this is hardly news is it?

MFI collapses ??
Just like their products then!
Wavey Dave

Might have been true in the early years but not more recently...well
not in my experience but of course ,the myth survives.

Myth my arse. MFI stuff has been crap from start to end.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Last I heard he was still arguing about getting his money back.

Credit card company, unless it was paid by debit card.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 15:40:08 +0000, (Steve Firth)

wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..

But then, this is hardly news is it?

MFI collapses ??
Just like their products then!
Wavey Dave

Might have been true in the early years but not more recently...well
not in my experience but of course ,the myth survives.

Myth my arse. MFI stuff has been crap from start to end.

There was a topic in here not so long agl and that wasn't everyone
experience nor was it mine .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 15:50:56 +0000, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Last I heard he was still arguing about getting his money back.

Credit card company, unless it was paid by debit card.

£100+ of course .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Steve Firth
writes
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Last I heard he was still arguing about getting his money back.

Credit card company, unless it was paid by debit card.

In which case the administrators have a form you can fill in to claim.
They reckon the money is their to pay people who paid by cash/cheque or
debit card
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Myth my arse. MFI stuff has been crap from start to end.

There was a topic in here not so long agl and that wasn't everyone
experience nor was it mine .

Yes, and a few people state (repeatedly) that their Rover car wasn't
crap. However the vast majority were.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 20, 4:34*pm, wrote:

Credit card company, unless it was paid by debit card.

£100+ of course .

It's still worth pursuing even if £100. I've had positive results
recovering such sums, presumably done on a goodwill gesture basis.

Mathew
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
. ..

But then, this is hardly news is it?

MFI collapses ??
Just like their products then!
Wavey Dave

Might have been true in the early years but not more recently...well
not in my experience but of course ,the myth survives.

Myth my arse. MFI stuff has been crap from start to end.

The kitchen I'm referring to is ok as low priced kitchens go. Certainly
the equal of Ikea, etc.

--
*Indian Driver - Smoke signals only*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

MFI collapses ??
Just like their products then!
Wavey Dave
Might have been true in the early years but not more recently...well
not in my experience but of course ,the myth survives.
Myth my arse. MFI stuff has been crap from start to end.

There was a topic in here not so long agl and that wasn't everyone
experience nor was it mine .

Quite agree. We have had two MFI wall units laden with books and Hi-Fi
stuff from when we first set up house in 1978. They have been dismantled
and reassembled for house moves and shunted around during re-decorations
and extension building in two houses without problems.

Bob

Ah,so YOU was the one.
Wavey Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Best thing for everyone apart from the staff IMHO

But then, this is hardly news is it?

http://www.jsmdistribution.co.uk

Taps, Sinks, Showers
MP3 Players & Spy Gadgets
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JSM Distribution wrote:

Best thing for everyone apart from the staff IMHO

But then, this is hardly news is it?

http://www.jsmdistribution.co.uk

Taps, Sinks, Showers
MP3 Players & Spy Gadgets

MFI collapses? Now you know where all those excess nuts, bolts, and
screws were supposed to have gone. :-)

--
Howard Neil