Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Basic Toolkit?

In the DIY Dunces thread, a couple of people have mentioned putting
together basic toolkits for their son or daughter.

So what is a basic toolkit? The obvious component is a large bag of
common sense, which looks to be in short supply. Beyond that, what
should there be? There are some things you would expect, like a
selection of Standard, Philips and Pozidrive screwdrivers - but the
question is, what exactly would you get - I have lots, of which I tend
to use only about three or four. Similarly, what fixings would you
include - what type of nails, screws, rawlplugs etc. If I want
chipboard screws, all I ever seem to have is woodscrews and vice
versa.

For some, the basic toolkit is a credit card and a nearby 'shed', and
a large garden shed to store all the tools you've used only once!

I did look in the uk.d-i-y wiki (possibly not hard enough) - and I
don't think there is an article on a 'Basic Toolkit' there, so perhaps
answers to this thread could eventually make it into the Wiki as a
useful article?

Cheers,

Sid