Sam Goldwasser

Default Toolkit for Deskjet 1000C under Win2000?

On Win98, there was a diagnostic/head cleaning/etc. set of software tools
but is there something similar under Win2000? Or, a generic version for
HP printers?

Thanks.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Tom MacIntyre

On 08 Apr 2005 17:11:01 -0400, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

On Win98, there was a diagnostic/head cleaning/etc. set of software tools
but is there something similar under Win2000? Or, a generic version for
HP printers?

Thanks.

Maybe a stupid question, but have you tried the 98 drivers for the
Windows 2000 setup? Sometimes that will work, sometimes not.

Tom

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Bob Shuman

Sam,

According to the HP web site, the most current driver is already integrated
into the Windows 2000 OS. I am running an older HP870Cxi printer that is
similar to yours, and I can access the cleaning and alignment utilities
under the printer control panel screen. They are just under a different
tab. I am running XP, and this was installed over the Windows ME I used to
use so this might be different or the toolkit may have already been there.

Bob

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
On Win98, there was a diagnostic/head cleaning/etc. set of software tools
but is there something similar under Win2000? Or, a generic version for
HP printers?

Thanks.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/
+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/lasersam.htm
| Mirror Sites:

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the

excessive
traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above

is