Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bent thermal insulation boards

A delivery of 2.4x1.2 plasterboards arrived at my brothers yesterday.

They were well wrapped up and left out over night. The package consisted of,
starting at the bottom, a pallet, a 12.5mm plasterboard, 11 thermal boards
(25mm insulation with 9.5mm plasterboard), 18 x 12.5mm plasterboards, and on
the top, evenly spaced out were 12 bags of plaster.

All looked fine until we started to get them inside this morning. Once
everthing was lifted off the thermal boards and there was no weight on them
we could see that the thermal boards were warped.

We have lifted them inside and laid them on the floor of the extension for
now.

How bent should these thermal boards be and could the temperature have
affected them (ie could the different properies of the insulation and the
plasterboard act like a bi metallic strip)? It was minus 4C when we started
to take them in.

The boards got progressively more bent the further down they were in the
pile.

I know time will tell but the plasterer is coming at 8 in the morning and we
might need to make plans for new boards.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
[...]

It sounds more like moisture in them. Fix them in place and they'll soon
dry out and go straight. Nothing to worry about if they're fitted properly.

Are they going on the ceiling? If they are................have fun. :-)

Sempatap Thermal Insulation - anyone tried it? Autolycus[_2_] UK diy 2 December 11th 07 11:46 AM
Thermal Insulation Board Griffo Home Repair 4 April 2nd 06 03:18 PM
Thermal Insulation Board Griffo UK diy 9 March 2nd 06 01:06 AM
Thermal Insulation Board Griffo UK diy 0 February 28th 06 09:25 PM
Electrical insulation reacts with thermal insulation? David Pearson UK diy 6 May 22nd 05 11:22 PM