Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Biscuit Jointing

On 3 Dec, 19:46, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

You mean the exterior timber treated with a suitable product that prevents
water ingress & fungal attack?

If you are talking about pine, even untreated it is more durable than
beech, which is about as undurable as a wood can be. You can't
prevent wood from taking in moisture with a (normal) surface coating.

Beech is not even
moderately durable (and the relevance of the ease with which it spalts
ought to be apparent if you think (really hard) about it.

It simply doesn't matter.

OK.

Festool sell interior (beech) and exterior (african mahogany) dominos,
by the way.

Clearly they've failed to grasp the wisdom of handyman.

The treated timber around it thats not going to let moisture anywhere near
the biscuit. *Glued joints survive outside very well, biscuit or not.

Impermeable wood? Very impressive stuff - is it made of plastic?

Amatuer psychoanalysis failed. *Used loads of beech biscuits inside.

OK, why so aggressive about it, then?

OK, so where do I buy plastic biscuits? *Screwfix? Axminster? Or do you mean
imitation custard creams? *Google doesn't seem to know about them.

Axminster sell both the lamello types (the gripper ones, and the solid
surfacing ones, or did. I haven't seen the Knapp ones for agres, I
think either Ney or Scott & Sargeant used to carry them.#

Maybe you will take notice of 'professional deck builder' mag:
http://www.deckmagazine.com/pdf/2007/0707/0707rotp.pdf

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

I bet you were a knock-out at primary school.

Biscuit Jointing Osprey Woodworking 38 December 5th 08 10:20 PM
Biscuit Jointing Osprey UK diy 20 December 3rd 08 09:28 PM
Jointing or Biscuits Arthur2 UK diy 8 August 7th 08 10:51 PM
Jointing Question stoutman Woodworking 17 October 5th 05 10:08 PM
JOINTING WITH A PLANER J T Woodworking 4 January 3rd 05 11:54 PM