Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Painting Clay Fireback

When we had our new fireplace fitted the fitters installed a new clay
fireback and they painted it black to match the black slate surround.

Now, after some use, the black paint has worn thin and in places has
peeled back completely to reveal the clay fireback. I've been looking
for some paint suitable for painting the clay fireback but have had no
luck. I've also had no luck getting in touch with the original
installers so I can't ask them what paint they used.

The heat resistant paints I have identified are generally for metals
(cast iron stove and grate paints) but these do not appear to be
suitable for clay firebacks.

Does anyone have any idea what black paint I can use on a clay
fireback?

Fireback material Ben UK diy 1 March 5th 07 11:16 PM
Fireplace without fireback? d-i-Why?! UK diy 0 September 19th 06 04:21 PM
Fireplace, fireback question Rob Whitton UK diy 1 December 11th 05 02:55 PM
MORE SAWDUST CLAY J T Woodworking 3 October 2nd 05 01:03 AM
Vermiculite to fill in the back of a fireback ? Graeme UK diy 10 March 31st 05 05:35 PM