Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl vac cleaner

A couple of years ago I bought one of those repulsively-bright yellow
and black wet'n dry vacuum cleaners from Lidl. It's been great, and I
discovered that the bags to fit it are those for the Aquavac 600,
Electrolux Z555, etc.

What I haven't been able to find is a replacement filter element -
anybody managed to track one down?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
A couple of years ago I bought one of those repulsively-bright yellow
and black wet'n dry vacuum cleaners from Lidl. It's been great, and I
discovered that the bags to fit it are those for the Aquavac 600,
Electrolux Z555, etc.

What I haven't been able to find is a replacement filter element -
anybody managed to track one down?

You can buy a larger filter and cut it down to size. Cheap filters can be
got from many places and I'm sure you have scissors in the house somewhere.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "BigWallop"
saying something like:

What I haven't been able to find is a replacement filter element -
anybody managed to track one down?

You can buy a larger filter and cut it down to size. Cheap filters can be
got from many places and I'm sure you have scissors in the house somewhere.

This is a cylindrical car-type filter, not a sheet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember "BigWallop"
saying something like:

What I haven't been able to find is a replacement filter element -
anybody managed to track one down?

You can buy a larger filter and cut it down to size. Cheap filters can

be
got from many places and I'm sure you have scissors in the house

somewhere.

This is a cylindrical car-type filter, not a sheet.

Ah ha !!! Hush my mouth. Sorry. Jumped in with mind closed and eyes wide
shut. :-) Not like me, mind. :-)

Can the filter be washed in a machine, beside your underwear and socks?
(which is the manly thing to do with it) grin What make and model is the
vacuum cleaner? Could a web search bring up any good hits for a supplier?

Can you see any labeling on it? Moulded into the casing anywhere? It would
help lots if you knew even just a model number.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gel" wrote in message
[...]

Try these guys:

http://www.dustbag.co.uk/?type=&i=Search+Results&s=lidl

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "John"
saying something like:

Try these guys:

http://www.dustbag.co.uk/?type=&i=Search+Results&s=lidl

That's the one at the bottom, cheers.

I've looked everywhere in the past two years for one of those and I
suspected Lidl/Parkside had used one that was already available for
another machine, but I hadn't a clue what.

Now I can retire the old one - it's been blown out with compressed air a
dozen times and recently been broken and repaired with a CD and
silicone.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Gel
saying something like:

Have you tried contacting the service company number in manual
provided??

hollow laugh

What service company?
What manual?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Gel
saying something like:

Have you tried contacting the service company number in manual
provided??

hollow laugh

What service company?
What manual?

Is yours a PNTS 35/5?

Coz I am after filters too!

I did manage to track the "Parkside" to Germany, they are called Grizzly
http://www.grizzly-gmbh.de/index.html

I managed to contact a service centre in the UK

DES Ltd.
Unit 14-15 Bilston Industrial Estate
Oxford Street
Bilston, WV14 7EG
Email:

Tel: 0870 787 6177
Fax: 0870 7876168
Tel from Ireland: 0044 870 787 6177
Fax from Ireland: 0044 870 787 6168

But they wanted about £15 for them, which I though was a bit steep!

Toby...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 23, 12:39*am, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:
A couple of years ago I bought one of those repulsively-bright yellow
and black wet'n dry vacuum cleaners from Lidl. It's been great, and I
discovered that the bags to fit it are those for the Aquavac 600,
Electrolux Z555, etc.

What I haven't been able to find is a replacement filter element -
anybody managed to track one down?

It's not this one is it?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Workshop-Too...ac/invt/500377

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
A couple of years ago I bought one of those repulsively-bright yellow
and black wet'n dry vacuum cleaners from Lidl. It's been great, and I
discovered that the bags to fit it are those for the Aquavac 600,
Electrolux Z555, etc.

What I haven't been able to find is a replacement filter element -
anybody managed to track one down?

Or this?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/92838/...Wet-Dry-Filter

I have an older Lidl workshop vac that's made by Lavorwash and the
replacement filter I bought came from either Screwfix or Wickes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

Sorry to reply to my own post but I have since found a supplier on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=290275891377. which
will fit my vac. He also is selling a Parkside one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=290265458183. Which as
far as I can tell is identical apart from it is dearer.

HTH

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Toby"
saying something like:

Is yours a PNTS 35/5?

Coz I am after filters too!

It's a 30/6S and the link supplied by John is the perfect one. Prices
aren't too bad, but I don't see a 35/5.
http://www.dustbag.co.uk/?type=&i=Search+Results&s=lidl

I saw this in Screwfix, bought it, and it fits mine :-)
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/92838

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Toby" wrote in message
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "Toby"
saying something like:

Is yours a PNTS 35/5?

Coz I am after filters too!

It's a 30/6S and the link supplied by John is the perfect one. Prices
aren't too bad, but I don't see a 35/5.
http://www.dustbag.co.uk/?type=&i=Search+Results&s=lidl

I saw this in Screwfix, bought it, and it fits mine :-)
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/92838

I found these in Boots, and it fits mine. :-)
http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stor...atalogId=11051

Lidl again Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 18 November 9th 08 05:44 PM
Its Lidl again :-) George UK diy 27 March 29th 08 09:53 AM
Lidl vacuum cleaner Timothy Murphy UK diy 2 October 30th 07 08:02 PM
Lidl again! David Lang UK diy 35 July 28th 05 10:48 PM
DIY at Lidl Mary Fisher UK diy 1 January 20th 05 02:34 PM