Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Usefull info and calculators

This site is still under construction but usefull all the same to those
planning a project

http://www.buildinghelp.co.uk/index.php

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ALex" wrote in message

This site is still under construction but usefull all the same to those
planning a project

http://www.buildinghelp.co.uk/index.php

Got news for you matey....It don't work in Firefox!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RW wrote:
"ALex" wrote in message
This site is still under construction but usefull all the same to those
planning a project

http://www.buildinghelp.co.uk/index.php

Got news for you matey....It don't work in Firefox!

Or SeaMonkey! (successor to Netscape)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

RW wrote:
"ALex" wrote in message
This site is still under construction but usefull all the same to those
planning a project

http://www.buildinghelp.co.uk/index.php

Got news for you matey....It don't work in Firefox!

Works on my Firefox OK.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Dave wrote:
RW wrote:
"ALex" wrote in message
This site is still under construction but usefull all the same to
those planning a project

http://www.buildinghelp.co.uk/index.php

Got news for you matey....It don't work in Firefox!

Works on my Firefox OK.

Dave

Including the oc2 bits? If so, let me/us know what plugin we need to
install, please.

--
Rod

onset.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Rod wrote:

Including the oc2 bits? If so, let me/us know what plugin we need to
install, please.

Of course, I really typed 'o2c' but something mangled it as it flew
through cyberspace....

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Dave wrote:
Rod wrote:
Rod wrote:

Including the oc2 bits? If so, let me/us know what plugin we need to
install, please.

Of course, I really typed 'o2c' but something mangled it as it flew
through cyberspace....

What is o2c?

Dave

I didn't know until yesterday:

http://www.o2c.de/uk/index.html

(Some vague memory of something, but it seems a bit pathetic that they
only get as far as Netscape 4.7 - which is very long in the tooth. I
can't be bothered to try installing that just in case it works with
Firefox...)

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 21:13:47 -0000, RW wrote:

http://www.buildinghelp.co.uk/index.php

Got news for you matey....It don't work in Firefox!

Or Mozilla under OS/2, the pages load correctly and I can fill in the
yellow boxes but the "Calculate Requirements" button just depresses it
doesn't actually do anything. It does work in IE6.

Nice clean site, watch the page width on the Building Definitions. The
drop down box for the thing you want a defintion of forces the page rather
wide. Probably better to have that full width below the header and the
footer navigation below that. The information then appearing side by
side(?) between the drop down list and footer.

On the Building Def page inn IE the dark red bar that is part of the
header that extends to the right from the end of the header image has bits
of the disc of the logo showing. there is a narow white gap as well. It
renders differently in Mozzilla the white gap is still there but a bit
further to the right, wehre the table ends there is a 1 pixel step on the
top edge and slight colour change, this overlays the image. None of this
is present on the Home fo Calcs page. Not using the same PHP include ...
file for the header? Be nice of clicking on the logo in the header took
you to the homepage.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

wrote:
On 20 Nov,
Rod wrote:

Dave wrote:
RW wrote:
"ALex" wrote in message
This site is still under construction but usefull all the same to
those planning a project

http://www.buildinghelp.co.uk/index.php

Got news for you matey....It don't work in Firefox!
Works on my Firefox OK.

Dave

Including the oc2 bits? If so, let me/us know what plugin we need to
install, please.

IEtab (which allows switching to the IE renderer.

Not much help on the Mac! :-)

--
Rod

onset.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

wrote:
On 21 Nov,
Rod wrote:

wrote:
On 20 Nov,
Rod wrote:

Dave wrote:
RW wrote:
"ALex" wrote in message
This site is still under construction but usefull all the same to
those planning a project

http://www.buildinghelp.co.uk/index.php
Got news for you matey....It don't work in Firefox!
Works on my Firefox OK.

Dave
Including the oc2 bits? If so, let me/us know what plugin we need to
install, please.

IEtab (which allows switching to the IE renderer.

Not much help on the Mac! :-)

I thought there was a mac version of IE?

There sort of is/was:

Internet Explorer for Mac (also referred to as Internet Explorer:mac,
IE:mac or Internet Explorer Macintosh Edition) was a proprietary web
browser developed by Microsoft for the Macintosh platform. Initial
versions were developed from the same code base as Internet Explorer for
Windows. Later versions diverged, particularly with the release of
version 5 which included the Tasman rendering engine.

As a result of the five-year agreement between Apple and Microsoft in
1997, it was the default browser on Mac OS before it was replaced by
Apple's own Safari web browser in 2003. Internet Explorer for Mac
remained available for download from Microsoft until January 31, 2006.
However, no major updates had been released since March 27, 2000, aside
from bug fixes and updates to take advantage of new features in Mac OS X.

On June 13, 2003, Microsoft announced that it was ceasing further
development of Internet Explorer for Mac. The browser was not included
in default installation of Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger" which was released on
April 29, 2005. Microsoft discontinued support for the product on
December 31, 2005 and removed the application from their Macintosh
downloads site on January 31, 2006. Microsoft recommends "that Macintosh
users migrate to more recent web browsing technologies such as Apple's
Safari.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_for_Mac

So, effectively, no.

(In case you didn't notice, I am actually using Windows but partner uses
Mac - and VMWare is a bit of a kludge to access just one website.)

--
Rod

onset.