Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Recovering fire surround

I have a fire surround similar to this one in the current Argos
catalogue - 417/2855.

I wish to change the colour of the (in this example) cream back panel
as it no longer suits our decorated lounge (so I'm told).

Apart from replacing it or painting it, which I'm not convinced will
look particularly good, I wondered if I could get something similar to
the polyester/vinyl window film that you can get from siters such as
abodewindowfilms.co.uk.

I don't think it would need to be fire-retardant, as the back panel
around the fire place does not get hot at all.

Does anyone have any experience of attempting something like this?

TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DartGuru wrote:
I have a fire surround similar to this one in the current Argos
catalogue - 417/2855.

I wish to change the colour of the (in this example) cream back panel
as it no longer suits our decorated lounge (so I'm told).

You can buy those back panels at B&Q etc (would need to confirm sizes of
course) - they sell the fires, mantelpieces, hearths and back panels on
a mix-and-match basis IIRC.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DartGuru" wrote in message
I have a fire surround similar to this one in the current Argos
catalogue - 417/2855.

I wish to change the colour of the (in this example) cream back panel
as it no longer suits our decorated lounge (so I'm told).

Apart from replacing it or painting it, which I'm not convinced will
look particularly good, I wondered if I could get something similar to
the polyester/vinyl window film that you can get from siters such as
abodewindowfilms.co.uk.

I don't think it would need to be fire-retardant, as the back panel
around the fire place does not get hot at all.

Does anyone have any experience of attempting something like this?

TIA

Wallpaper it with washable vinyl

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 18, 3:50*pm, Lobster wrote:
DartGuru wrote:
I have a fire surround similar to this one in the current Argos
catalogue - 417/2855.

I wish to change the colour of the (in this example) cream back panel
as it no longer suits our decorated lounge (so I'm told).

You can buy those back panels at B&Q etc (would need to confirm sizes of
course) - they sell the fires, mantelpieces, hearths and back panels on
a mix-and-match basis IIRC.

David

I have thought about doing that, but would rather avoid having to part-
dismantle the fireplace to do it, and I want it in a particular colour

How to fit a Fire surround mark UK diy 3 March 18th 08 10:40 PM
Fire surround value? [email protected] UK diy 7 April 11th 06 02:32 PM
Fire surround Rob UK diy 0 February 27th 06 02:41 PM
limestone fire surround Chris Styles UK diy 1 September 20th 05 03:52 PM
Removing gas fire surround Grahame UK diy 0 September 17th 05 10:56 PM