Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Snappits for CH radiator tails

Is there a better alternative for these plastic covers that you put
over radiator tails to cover up the copper .Last time I used them they
discoloured quite quickly . Maybe they are better now or is there
another way of doing it .What do you use or do you just leave the
copper as it is ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Is there a better alternative for these plastic covers that you put
over radiator tails to cover up the copper .Last time I used them they
discoloured quite quickly . Maybe they are better now or is there
another way of doing it .What do you use or do you just leave the
copper as it is ?

Conduit. Egatube, to be exact. It stays white for years, unless you burn
it. Then it goes a horrible brown/black sort of colour. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:44:54 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
Is there a better alternative for these plastic covers that you put
over radiator tails to cover up the copper .Last time I used them they
discoloured quite quickly . Maybe they are better now or is there
another way of doing it .What do you use or do you just leave the
copper as it is ?

Conduit. Egatube, to be exact. It stays white for years, unless you burn
it. Then it goes a horrible brown/black sort of colour. :-)

So do you just split it along it's length and then push it on to the
copper? It's made in 16mm and 20mm .Can the 16 be made to fit 15mm
copper ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:44:54 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
Is there a better alternative for these plastic covers that you put
over radiator tails to cover up the copper .Last time I used them they
discoloured quite quickly . Maybe they are better now or is there
another way of doing it .What do you use or do you just leave the
copper as it is ?

Conduit. Egatube, to be exact. It stays white for years, unless you

burn
it. Then it goes a horrible brown/black sort of colour. :-)

So do you just split it along it's length and then push it on to the
copper? It's made in 16mm and 20mm .Can the 16 be made to fit 15mm
copper ?

I used tin snips to cut it along its length. Easy done with a good sharp
pair of scissors as well. Yes, the 16mm will fit around the 15 mm pipe
quite neatly, if I remember right. Nope, can't remember there being any
gap. And I think it's still white after, must be, 12 years now. If not
more.

It's on the system we have installed in the office, and tomorrow I'll check
it again to make sure it is still as white as it ever was. It might have
discoloured a bit by now, with being bashed and rubbed by appliances and the
like, over the years. I do remember the decorator, a couple of years back,
saying he would remove them because he didn't want to mark the new covers.
So it sort of sticks in your head when you hear things like that.

Problem with radiator tails DavidM UK diy 9 April 24th 08 01:56 PM
Fitting radiator valve tails (Stelrad) ajp UK diy 12 December 6th 07 06:51 PM
Fitting Drain-off Radiator Tails john51 UK diy 2 June 9th 06 04:14 PM
Tails. Picker UK diy 6 September 2nd 05 03:05 PM
Securing 1/2" tails into new radiator jon UK diy 4 June 22nd 05 02:42 PM