Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mo Mo is offline

Default Removing Turf Part 2

So basically I tried it tdoay and as it is wet/raining I am having to just
dig out huge chunks of mud with the grass on it (i.e maybe about 7cm at a
time) (no big deal as I could DO with getting rid of a lot of mud)

At the moment I am just putting them into fairly waterproof plastic bags
(i.e bin liners butstronger)

Now I could either chuck them in the skip when I get it or keep them til
next year. I guess if the bags are kept sealed the grass will die and I will
just end up with more plain mud again?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mo Mo is offline

"mo" wrote in message

Opps, meant to post this to the gardening newsgroup!

Ignore.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

mo wrote:

"mo" wrote in message

Opps, meant to post this to the gardening newsgroup!

Ignore.

:-)

I too have been digging mud over the past few days. Horrible. How heavy
can shoes get? And not even any wrestling girls...

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

mo wrote:
So basically I tried it tdoay and as it is wet/raining I am having to
just dig out huge chunks of mud with the grass on it (i.e maybe about
7cm at a time) (no big deal as I could DO with getting rid of a lot of mud)

At the moment I am just putting them into fairly waterproof plastic bags
(i.e bin liners butstronger)

Now I could either chuck them in the skip when I get it or keep them til
next year. I guess if the bags are kept sealed the grass will die and I
will just end up with more plain mud again?

Stack em upside down and you will end up with good topsoil after a few
months.

They get less muddy piled up too.

Then knock posts into ground, form box sides with split rail, and end up
with nice raised asparagus beds etc.

Green turf roofs Andy Dingley UK diy 28 June 4th 08 03:17 PM
OT? - Cost of renewing Astro-turf Fred UK diy 1 August 2nd 06 06:00 PM
Turf question John Rumm UK diy 15 July 31st 06 11:22 AM
B&Q turf in2minds UK diy 8 May 29th 04 12:52 PM
Turf Simon UK diy 3 September 27th 03 05:44 PM