Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default WBP

How weatherproof is WBP normally? I had a batch that delammed after
one rainfall. Wasn't too pleased.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 22, 2:41*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 05:53:10 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
How weatherproof is WBP normally? I had a batch that delammed after
one rainfall. Wasn't too pleased.

I suggest that it wasn't really WBP then. There are bits of 18mm WBP leant
against a wall outside with one end on the soil and getting well hidden by
undergrowth that have been there for a period measured in years but
haven't delaminated...

Thats what I thought too, just wanted a sanity check. In which case
beware of Wickes WBP - it isnt.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 23, 11:45*am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:33:46 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Thats what I thought too, just wanted a sanity check. In which case
beware of Wickes WBP - it isnt.

I suprised that Wickes would be knowingly selling WBP that isn't. Maybe it
got shuffled in the racks by another customer, ply is ply is ply 'innit....

ISTR that WBP has stamped marking on the face(s) saying it is.

I bought a bunch of them, no rack shuffled stuff, and all were stamped
WBP on the side. But not remotely weatherproof.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Clot wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

I would take them back as not fit for purpose.

I'd have to disagree, they might have been fit for porpoise.

Sounds like they would have de-laminated long before the porpoise even
came up for air!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:33:46 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Thats what I thought too, just wanted a sanity check. In which case
beware of Wickes WBP - it isnt.
I suprised that Wickes would be knowingly selling WBP that isn't. Maybe it
got shuffled in the racks by another customer, ply is ply is ply 'innit...

ISTR that WBP has stamped marking on the face(s) saying it is.

I bought a bunch of them, no rack shuffled stuff, and all were stamped
WBP on the side. But not remotely weatherproof.

I would take them back as not fit for purpose.

Yes - told them what I thought too.

NT