Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default RBG's

Great fun last night, taught my granddaughter (6) to fire rubber bands from
her index finger.

(before anyone asks, we did wear eye protection, ear defenders, safety
gloves, body armour etc)

Now we want rubber band guns! But they have to be home made (DIY). Google
reveals loads we could buy, but there are only a few online you can build
yourself.

Anyone got any good designs?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
Great fun last night, taught my granddaughter (6) to fire rubber bands
from her index finger.

(before anyone asks, we did wear eye protection, ear defenders, safety
gloves, body armour etc)

Now we want rubber band guns! But they have to be home made (DIY).
Google reveals loads we could buy, but there are only a few online you can
build yourself.

Anyone got any good designs?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

And in not time at all you'll find they're firing staples at passers by.

What kind of father are you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Now we want rubber band guns! But they have to be home made (DIY). Google
reveals loads we could buy, but there are only a few online you can build
yourself.
Anyone got any good designs?

There's a good site at http://www.instructables.com - not sure whether
it'll do rubber band guns, but I did see a video a couple of months
ago where someone had made a rubber band machine gun (!) which fired
hundreds per minute.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Great fun last night, taught my granddaughter (6) to fire rubber bands from
her index finger.

(before anyone asks, we did wear eye protection, ear defenders, safety
gloves, body armour etc)

Now we want rubber band guns! But they have to be home made (DIY). Google
reveals loads we could buy, but there are only a few online you can build
yourself.

Anyone got any good designs?

Model 1 - fires rubber bands.

3-4 wooden clothes pegs - clipped to each other in a line. Loop rubber
band over the end, and stretch it back to the last one where you can
squeeze the peg and put it under the end.

Aim, squeeze, run

Model 2 - fires paper pellets

You need a pencil, or wodden dowel, 8-9" long.
Selotape and 3-4 wooden pegs.
Large postage stamp bits of paper

Take long rubber band and selotape at to each end of the dowel (Think
bow and arrow, although we're making a crossbow)

Clip peg to middle of dowel, making sure band is above. Clip 2-3 more
pegs behind first one in a long line.

Fold paper over a few times to get a long pellet. Fold this in half. Put
pellet in rubber band and stretch it back and locate it under last peg.

Aim, squeeze, run

Experimentation is the key here - dowel length vs. rubber band length
(and strength) vs. number of pegs. It's a bit self-limiting though as
the more pegs there are, the easier it will colapse on itself when you
try to hook the rubber band under the last one.

Gordon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:49:18 +0100, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:

There's a good site at http://www.instructables.com - not sure whether
it'll do rubber band guns, but I did see a video a couple of months
ago where someone had made a rubber band machine gun (!) which fired
hundreds per minute.

That could be useful, to fire them back at postmen who leave them
lying around all over the place...:-)

--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Great fun last night, taught my granddaughter (6) to fire rubber bands from
her index finger.

(before anyone asks, we did wear eye protection, ear defenders, safety
gloves, body armour etc)

But what about assessment for latex allergy? :-)

(Actually it *is* starting to be a major problem.)

Can you get decent non-latex RBs?

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Great fun last night, taught my granddaughter (6) to fire rubber bands from
her index finger.

Anyone got any good designs?

http://www.officeguns.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:26:13 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Anyone got any good designs?

http://members.cox.net/lvrbgun/rbguns.html
http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/f...3726/index.htm

or for something different

http://hackedgadgets.com/2006/09/12/...band-chaingun/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
Great fun last night, taught my granddaughter (6) to fire rubber bands
from her index finger.

(before anyone asks, we did wear eye protection, ear defenders, safety
gloves, body armour etc)

Now we want rubber band guns! But they have to be home made (DIY).
Google reveals loads we could buy, but there are only a few online you can
build yourself.

Anyone got any good designs?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

http://uk.youtube.com/results?search...h_type=& aq=f

Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
news
Great fun last night, taught my granddaughter (6) to fire rubber bands
from her index finger.

(before anyone asks, we did wear eye protection, ear defenders, safety
gloves, body armour etc)

Now we want rubber band guns! But they have to be home made (DIY).
Google reveals loads we could buy, but there are only a few online you can
build yourself.

Anyone got any good designs?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

This is a job for Lego

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiUSEpg8Xc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

Now we want rubber band guns! But they have to be home made (DIY). Google
reveals loads we could buy, but there are only a few online you can build
yourself.

Anyone got any good designs?

I have a twelve-incher.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "George"
saying something like:

And in not time at all you'll find they're firing staples at passers by.

Exactly. I certainly wouldn't want to be hit on the head by a large
office supplies chain.

What kind of father are you?

Hopefully, not a po-faced one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

o.uk wrote:

There's a good site at http://www.instructables.com - not sure
whether it'll do rubber band guns, but I did see a video a couple of
months ago where someone had made a rubber band machine gun (!)
which fired hundreds per minute.

That could be useful, to fire them back at postmen who leave them
lying around all over the place...:-)

Thats our ammunition source! When Hayleigh aka 'H' comes round to stay she
rides he bike up & down the cul de sac collecting rubber bands :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter Parry wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:26:13 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Anyone got any good designs?

SNIP
http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/f...3726/index.htm

SNIP

Now thats just what I wanted, thanks Peter.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message news
Great fun last night, taught my granddaughter (6) to fire rubber
bands from her index finger.

(before anyone asks, we did wear eye protection, ear defenders,
safety gloves, body armour etc)

Now we want rubber band guns! But they have to be home made (DIY).
Google reveals loads we could buy, but there are only a few online
you can build yourself.

Anyone got any good designs?

And in not time at all you'll find they're firing staples at passers
by.
What kind of father are you?

Errm Grandfather actually. There is a clue in the phrase 'taught my
granddaughter'.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
George wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message news
Great fun last night, taught my granddaughter (6) to fire rubber
bands from her index finger.

(before anyone asks, we did wear eye protection, ear defenders,
safety gloves, body armour etc)

Now we want rubber band guns! But they have to be home made (DIY).
Google reveals loads we could buy, but there are only a few online
you can build yourself.

Anyone got any good designs?

And in not time at all you'll find they're firing staples at passers
by.
What kind of father are you?

Errm Grandfather actually. There is a clue in the phrase 'taught my
granddaughter'.

So you've managed to become a grandfather without being a father, eh?
Interesting...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman"
saying something like:

Now we want rubber band guns! But they have to be home made (DIY). Google
reveals loads we could buy, but there are only a few online you can build
yourself.

Anyone got any good designs?

I have a twelve-incher.

I'm sure you have, but do you have any good designs?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
[...]

Genius! Its ingenuity like this that made the British Empire great!

Thanks Gordon.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk