Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OTish: Experiences of manufacturer repairs (Samsung)

Hi,

My fridge/freezer has gone wrong (probably the auto-defrost thingy)
and I'm not sure whether to use the manufacturer's repairer or try to
find a local repairer.

I know it's usually better to get an independent but I've heard
Samsung (& others) keep service details of their products pretty
secret. I want to avoid the situation where a repairer has to replace
each part bit by bit to see what is actually wrong with it.

TIA, Mark.
--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi,

My fridge/freezer has gone wrong (probably the auto-defrost thingy)
and I'm not sure whether to use the manufacturer's repairer or try to
find a local repairer.

I know it's usually better to get an independent but I've heard
Samsung (& others) keep service details of their products pretty
secret. I want to avoid the situation where a repairer has to replace
each part bit by bit to see what is actually wrong with it.

TIA, Mark.
--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org

There is quite a common known fault with the Samsung American style
fridge/freezers.
It was mentioned on the BBC Radio 4 a few weeks ago. IIRC Samsung were
offering some kind on extended warranty for this problem,

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 15, 2:11*pm, Mark wrote:
Hi,

My fridge/freezer has gone wrong (probably the auto-defrost thingy)
and I'm not sure whether to use the manufacturer's repairer or try to
find a local repairer.

I know it's usually better to get an independent but I've heard
Samsung (& others) keep service details of their products pretty
secret. *I want to avoid the situation where a repairer has to replace
each part bit by bit to see what is actually wrong with it.

TIA, Mark.

A repairer that did that would be out of business in a month. FFs
arent so complex that one needs cct diags - they make life easier but
aren't usually essential.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:59:34 +0100, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,

My fridge/freezer has gone wrong (probably the auto-defrost thingy)
and I'm not sure whether to use the manufacturer's repairer or try to
find a local repairer.

I know it's usually better to get an independent but I've heard
Samsung (& others) keep service details of their products pretty
secret. I want to avoid the situation where a repairer has to replace
each part bit by bit to see what is actually wrong with it.

TIA, Mark.
--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org

There is quite a common known fault with the Samsung American style
fridge/freezers.
It was mentioned on the BBC Radio 4 a few weeks ago. IIRC Samsung were
offering some kind on extended warranty for this problem,

It's not American style, just an ordinary fridge above, freezer below
type.

--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org

OTish Gas fire query mogga UK diy 6 June 4th 08 07:30 PM
OTish: Flats and noise. Doki UK diy 10 March 30th 08 11:31 AM
Desktop PC/Server Repairs Apple Mac Repairs [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 13th 07 06:44 AM
OTish: Water Bills Doki UK diy 2 January 20th 07 12:14 PM
OTish--morality at work. B.B. Metalworking 12 September 1st 05 01:15 AM