Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Watchdog article on Sofas causing skin problems

The programme showed a sofa having the bottom hessian stuff removed to
expose a sachet of the harmful stuff.

In view of this I was wondering about checking a couple of leather settees
that my daughter has. Does anyone know if removing the sachet of fungicide
is sufficient? She isn't experiencing a problem - but I am thinking better
safe than sorry.

Is it worth doing?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:49:02 +0100, "John"
wrote:

The programme showed a sofa having the bottom hessian stuff removed to
expose a sachet of the harmful stuff.

In view of this I was wondering about checking a couple of leather settees
that my daughter has. Does anyone know if removing the sachet of fungicide
is sufficient? She isn't experiencing a problem - but I am thinking better
safe than sorry.

Is it worth doing?

If you've experienced skin problems following the purchase of a
leather sofa, with labels indicating that it has been made by
Linkwise, Eurosofa or any other manufacturer, you may wish to
telephone the special helpline number - 0800 916 9070 - and give the
details. The helpline is coordinated by the companies involved with
the class action and can help provide contact details for
manufacturers and assess potential claims.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/...fa_update.html

You could ask them
--
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

John wrote:
The programme showed a sofa having the bottom hessian stuff removed to
expose a sachet of the harmful stuff.

In view of this I was wondering about checking a couple of leather settees
that my daughter has. Does anyone know if removing the sachet of fungicide
is sufficient? She isn't experiencing a problem - but I am thinking better
safe than sorry.

Is it worth doing?

Dunno!

Seems to me there is the problem of knowing if you have found all the
sachets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyl_fumarate

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Meant also to say, what do you then do with the sachet(s) of extremely
noxious stuff?

--
Rod