Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mo Mo is offline

Default Electric Shower Advice....

So we are having our bathroom retiled, so I am going to take this chance to
repalce the electric shower.

Its about 4 years old at elast and arted at 9.5kw

Anyone have recommendations of brands? Triton and Mira seem to be the big
ones. A plumber I called up strongly recommended Aqualisa - he said they
were very good on the inside, but not sure if he was being serious or if he
just wnated to sell me the product.

Secondly, same guy also said due to new regs and things I should probably
replace my 9.5 with somehtign lower as standards have changed and a newer
one will draw mroe powe.r If I wnat to maintain a 9.5kw or go higher does it
involve much electrical work? obviously will have to get an electrician in I
guess.

What does the different power (i.e 9.5w or 10.5w) actually do and do it make
a difference? Is it to do with how much water it can pump out at once ?Ist
he difference really noticeable? We have very high water pressure in our
house (comapred to some peopels I have seen)

Finally, my main question, I cannot afford a shwoer with thermostatic
control but next best thing seems to be 'temp stabilised' basically I wnat a
shower that can produce hot water and continue to pump it out without
varying too much - which showers/brands are best at this?

Budget is around £100-150. Prefer soemthing in silver if possible!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Owain" wrote in message
et...
mo wrote:
Secondly, same guy also said due to new regs and things I should probably
replace my 9.5 with somehtign lower as standards have changed and a newer
one will draw mroe powe.r If I wnat to maintain a 9.5kw or go higher does
it involve much electrical work? obviously will have to get an
electrician in I guess.

If the cable is adequately rated for 9.5KW then replace it with a new
9.5kW shower, which will still draw 9.5kW. Like for like replacement, even
in bathrooms, does not require notification under Part Pee.

If you want a bigger shower then you will probably need to run new cable.
This would be notifiable under Part Pee.

What does the different power (i.e 9.5w or 10.5w) actually do and do it
make a difference? Is it to do with how much water it can pump out at
once ?Ist he difference really noticeable? We have very high water
pressure in our house (comapred to some peopels I have seen)

Basically you will get more and hotter water with the higher power.There's
not much difference between 9.5 and 10.5kW so I wouldn't worry.

Owain

Unfortunately over your budget - but I would like one that fits in the loft
(assuming the shower is upstairs) and is operated by remote control. Then
absolutely no issues with tiling, colour, waterproofing, etc. Brilliant idea
but not really caught on.

http://www.shower-warehouse.co.uk/#704X4196

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 09:24:46 +0100, "John"
wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message
net...
mo wrote:
[...]

I take it you mean The Triton Satellite shower. Neat .There are a
couple on another page that are similer
http://www.shower-warehouse.co.uk/erol.html#45523X0

Did Triton not have one years ago that fitted behind a panel with just
a faceplate showing rather than the conventional box of tricks? I seem
to remember it being one of the T80 range .