Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Switch name?

Looking for some of those in line light switches for table lamps, Wickes
call them a 'through switch' but I can't find them on the SF site.

Any idea what the proper name is?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

Looking for some of those in line light switches for table lamps, Wickes
call them a 'through switch' but I can't find them on the SF site.

Any idea what the proper name is?

in-line switch?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Looking for some of those in line light switches for table lamps,
Wickes call them a 'through switch' but I can't find them on the SF
site. Any idea what the proper name is?

in-line switch?

"Its good, but its not right" as Roy Walker used to say on Catchphrase :-)

Just tried that, got a page of dry lining boxes :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scabbydug wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
Looking for some of those in line light switches for table lamps,
Wickes call them a 'through switch' but I can't find them on the SF
site. Any idea what the proper name is?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Torpedo switch

Nope :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

"Its good, but its not right" as Roy Walker used to say on Catchphrase :-)

Just tried that, got a page of dry lining boxes :-)

"in-line switch" doesn't pull any results from Screwfix, but it does
from elsewhere ..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 10:13:26 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Scabbydug wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
Looking for some of those in line light switches for table lamps,
Wickes call them a 'through switch' but I can't find them on the SF
site. Any idea what the proper name is?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Torpedo switch

Nope :-)

Inline Rocker Switch ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi

Scabbydug wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
Looking for some of those in line light switches for table lamps,
Wickes call them a 'through switch' but I can't find them on the SF
site. Any idea what the proper name is?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Torpedo switch

Nope :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Have a look at the bottom of this page

http://www.mr-resistor.co.uk/controls.aspx?t=603

2 or 3 core in-line switch

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Scabbydug wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
Looking for some of those in line light switches for table lamps,
Wickes call them a 'through switch' but I can't find them on the SF
site. Any idea what the proper name is?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Torpedo switch

Nope :-)

Inline Rocker Switch ?

Well TLC call them 'In Line Cord Switch'

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DT102.html

but Maplin just call it a 'flex switch'

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=13156

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Trevor wrote:

Have a look at the bottom of this page

http://www.mr-resistor.co.uk/controls.aspx?t=603

2 or 3 core in-line switch

Andy Burns wrote;

"in-line switch" doesn't pull any results from Screwfix, but it does
from elsewhere ..

Thanks chaps, I was doing a SF order & wanted to include them. I've just
gone through the catalogue and I can't see them in there either - guess they
don't sell them.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Trevor wrote:

Have a look at the bottom of this page

http://www.mr-resistor.co.uk/controls.aspx?t=603

2 or 3 core in-line switch

Andy Burns wrote;

"in-line switch" doesn't pull any results from Screwfix, but it does
from elsewhere ..

Thanks chaps, I was doing a SF order & wanted to include them. I've just
gone through the catalogue and I can't see them in there either - guess
they don't sell them.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Thats because they were primerily made for table lamps and SF dont sell
table lamps. :-P

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Scabbydug wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
Looking for some of those in line light switches for table lamps,
Wickes call them a 'through switch' but I can't find them on the SF
site. Any idea what the proper name is?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Torpedo switch

Nope :-)

I bought one the other day from B&Q and it was called a Torpedo
Switch.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Scabbydug wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
Looking for some of those in line light switches for table lamps,
Wickes call them a 'through switch' but I can't find them on the SF
site. Any idea what the proper name is?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Torpedo switch

Nope :-)

I bought one the other day from B&Q and it was called a Torpedo
Switch.

Thats what I did earlier on :-)

For some reason SF don't seem to sell them.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Scabbydug wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message om...
Looking for some of those in line light switches for table lamps,
Wickes call them a 'through switch' but I can't find them on the SF
site. Any idea what the proper name is?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Torpedo switch

Nope :-)

I bought one the other day from B&Q and it was called a Torpedo
Switch.

Thats what I did earlier on :-)

For some reason SF don't seem to sell them.

They are also known as 'inline' or 'rocker' switches.

Don.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Cerberus . wrote:
I bought one the other day from B&Q and it was called a Torpedo
Switch.

Thats what I did earlier on :-)

For some reason SF don't seem to sell them.

They are also known as 'inline' or 'rocker' switches.

A rocker switch simply refers to the actual switch mechanism. Most light
switches are of this type these days - as opposed to toggle or push. 'In
line' says what the device actually is. 'Torpedo' is a bit open to
misinterpretation...

--
*Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.