Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wood for a shed/workshop what's its name and who supplies it question?

as subject wood for a shed/workshop what's the name and who supplies it
its a bit like a floor board or pine cladding with tongue and groves but
its tapered towards the top, I have looked in B&Q but all they do is
feather edge ,or is it just known as cladding?
--
Kevin R
Reply address works
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kevin" wrote in message
as subject wood for a shed/workshop what's the name and who supplies it
its a bit like a floor board or pine cladding with tongue and groves but
its tapered towards the top, I have looked in B&Q but all they do is
feather edge ,or is it just known as cladding?
--
Kevin R
Reply address works

Whats it for,lining the walls of the shed?

You said the name yourself ie tongue&groove cladding.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Kevin wrote:
as subject wood for a shed/workshop what's the name and who supplies it
its a bit like a floor board or pine cladding with tongue and groves but
its tapered towards the top, I have looked in B&Q but all they do is
feather edge ,or is it just known as cladding?

Perhaps you mean shiplap?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kevin" wrote in message
as subject wood for a shed/workshop what's the name and who supplies it
its a bit like a floor board or pine cladding with tongue and groves but
its tapered towards the top, I have looked in B&Q but all they do is
feather edge ,or is it just known as cladding?
--
Kevin R
Reply address works

This it?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Cladding-Tra...ng/invt/121320

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
Kevin wrote:
as subject wood for a shed/workshop what's the name and who supplies it
its a bit like a floor board or pine cladding with tongue and groves
but its tapered towards the top, I have looked in B&Q but all they do
is feather edge ,or is it just known as cladding?

Perhaps you mean shiplap?

Thats it
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Cladding-Shi...ng/invt/120808

--
Kevin R
Reply address works

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
"Kevin" wrote in message
as subject wood for a shed/workshop what's the name and who supplies it
its a bit like a floor board or pine cladding with tongue and groves but
its tapered towards the top, I have looked in B&Q but all they do is
feather edge ,or is it just known as cladding?
--
Kevin R
Reply address works

This it?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Cladding-Tra...ng/invt/121320

Doh I forgot about Wicks this is the stuff Shiplap Cladding and thanks
for reminding me about Wicks, not been for a while as I have to drive
past a big B&Q and go to the centre of town to get there
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Cladding-Shi...ng/invt/120808

--
Kevin R
Reply address works
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kevin" wrote in message
as subject wood for a shed/workshop what's the name and who supplies it
its a bit like a floor board or pine cladding with tongue and groves but
its tapered towards the top, I have looked in B&Q but all they do is
feather edge ,or is it just known as cladding?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Cladding-Shi...ng/invt/120806

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

"Kevin" wrote in message
as subject wood for a shed/workshop what's the name and who supplies it
its a bit like a floor board or pine cladding with tongue and groves
but its tapered towards the top, I have looked in B&Q but all they do
is feather edge ,or is it just known as cladding?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Cladding-Shi...ng/invt/120806

thats it

--
Kevin R
Reply address works
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kevin" wrote in message
George wrote:
"Kevin" wrote in message
as subject wood for a shed/workshop what's the name and who supplies it
its a bit like a floor board or pine cladding with tongue and groves but
its tapered towards the top, I have looked in B&Q but all they do is
feather edge ,or is it just known as cladding?
--
Kevin R
Reply address works

This it?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Cladding-Tra...ng/invt/121320

Doh I forgot about Wicks this is the stuff Shiplap Cladding and thanks
for reminding me about Wicks, not been for a while as I have to drive past
a big B&Q and go to the centre of town to get there
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Cladding-Shi...ng/invt/120808

--
Kevin R
Reply address works

Ar! splice the main brace and kit out the shiplap.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 22:23:47 GMT, "George"
wrote:

"Kevin" wrote in message
George wrote:
"Kevin" wrote in message
as subject wood for a shed/workshop what's the name and who supplies it
its a bit like a floor board or pine cladding with tongue and groves but
its tapered towards the top, I have looked in B&Q but all they do is
feather edge ,or is it just known as cladding?
--
Kevin R
Reply address works

This it?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Cladding-Tra...ng/invt/121320

Doh I forgot about Wicks this is the stuff Shiplap Cladding and thanks
for reminding me about Wicks, not been for a while as I have to drive past
a big B&Q and go to the centre of town to get there
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Cladding-Shi...ng/invt/120808

--
Kevin R
Reply address works

Ar! splice the main brace and kit out the shiplap.

Yardarm at 1.00 am :-)

If not sooner.

--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Kevin" wrote in message
George wrote:
"Kevin" wrote in message
[...]

Sounds a load of ship to me !
Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Kevin wrote:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Cladding-Shi...ng/invt/120806

thats it

Just a quick point to OP... now you know what you're looking for, try a
timber merchant. I DIY'd a shed, and found a local timber yard selling
16mm shiplap for around 1/2 price of what wickes were charging for (I
think) 12mm, and the quality was a lot better than what I'd seen propped
up in Wickes.

(note: I'm not laying into Wickes here, but if you're buying a large
quantity of timber, buy from a timber merchant - it's their
stock-and-trade).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Dodd wrote:
Kevin wrote:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Cladding-Shi...ng/invt/120806

thats it

Just a quick point to OP... now you know what you're looking for, try a
timber merchant. I DIY'd a shed, and found a local timber yard selling
16mm shiplap for around 1/2 price of what wickes were charging for (I
think) 12mm, and the quality was a lot better than what I'd seen propped
up in Wickes.

(note: I'm not laying into Wickes here, but if you're buying a large
quantity of timber, buy from a timber merchant - it's their
stock-and-trade).

trouble is when you dont have one local and you ask for some wood for a
shed on the phone it helps to know what its called :-).
on a side note do wood yards still exist? all the ones my dad used have
long since closed

--
Kevin R
Reply address works
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kevin" wrote in message
trouble is when you dont have one local and you ask for some wood for a
shed on the phone it helps to know what its called :-).
on a side note do wood yards still exist? all the ones my dad used have
long since closed

--
Kevin R
Reply address works

lol if they did not exist where do suppose the sheds get their stock. :-)

most woodies around this neck of the woods(no pun intended) are on the dock
road area.
look in the yellow book.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
"Kevin" wrote in message
trouble is when you dont have one local and you ask for some wood for a
shed on the phone it helps to know what its called :-).
on a side note do wood yards still exist? all the ones my dad used have
long since closed

--
Kevin R
Reply address works

lol if they did not exist where do suppose the sheds get their stock. :-)

out of a container from a ship?

most woodies around this neck of the woods(no pun intended) are on the dock
road area.
look in the yellow book.

Not found Reading dock yet I think the Kennet is a bit shallow for the
container ships :-)
not one wood yard or woodyard in the yellow pages
I did find timber yards though

--
Kevin R
Reply address works

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kevin" wrote in message
George wrote:
"Kevin" wrote in message
[...]

Stop it,me sides ache..

Question: wood pallet for shed floor? PaPaPeng Home Repair 4 October 5th 06 10:40 PM
Re-roofing a shed/workshop David Day UK diy 9 September 20th 06 07:15 PM
Workshop/Shed wiring Sparks UK diy 8 June 20th 06 12:26 AM
My shed & garage electricity supplies & earthing! Sparks UK diy 17 March 31st 05 08:25 PM
Power to Garage and Shed/workshop Eric the Red UK diy 3 August 29th 03 06:22 PM