Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plaster ceiling rose

Hi Group!

Just about to undertake the installation of an 18" plaster ceiling rose,
but I'm a bit unsure of the procedure.

I understand the piece is set with adhesive, but is first held in place
using screws. Is this correct?

How do I then fit my ceiling light to it? I guess I need a hole for the
flex, but is the light simply screwed to the plaster rose, or do I have
to a buy a bracket?

Sorry for the naivety of the questions, but I've never done this before
and the procedure isn't in my DIY manual.

Thanks for reading and helping.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote:

Just about to undertake the installation of an 18" plaster ceiling rose,
but I'm a bit unsure of the procedure.

I understand the piece is set with adhesive, but is first held in place
using screws. Is this correct?

Never done it myself so not sure whether you'd necessarily need screws
too, but sounds sensible.

How do I then fit my ceiling light to it? I guess I need a hole for the
flex, but is the light simply screwed to the plaster rose, or do I have
to a buy a bracket?

Hard to say without knowing what sort of light fitting you're talking
about: there are many different types of bracket available for diffent
circumstances.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve wrote:
Just about to undertake the installation of an 18" plaster ceiling rose,
but I'm a bit unsure of the procedure.

I understand the piece is set with adhesive, but is first held in place
using screws. Is this correct?

Yes. Fix it with screws first then remove and apply adhesive. Screw back
in place. Use rustless screws so they can be plastered over.

How do I then fit my ceiling light to it? I guess I need a hole for the
flex, but is the light simply screwed to the plaster rose, or do I have
to a buy a bracket?

Depends entirely on the light fitting. A lightweight one can be screwed
direct into the rose using normal methods - but a heavier one will need to
be fixed through it to above. Just the same as fixing to a cavity ceiling.

--
*If you lived in your car, you'd be home by now *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
Hi Group!

Just about to undertake the installation of an 18" plaster ceiling rose,
but I'm a bit unsure of the procedure.

I understand the piece is set with adhesive, but is first held in place
using screws. Is this correct?

How do I then fit my ceiling light to it? I guess I need a hole for the
flex, but is the light simply screwed to the plaster rose, or do I have to
a buy a bracket?

Sorry for the naivety of the questions, but I've never done this before
and the procedure isn't in my DIY manual.

Thanks for reading and helping.

I presume the hole in yours is already cut out in the middle were the cables
come through?

Screw it to the ceiling around the perimeter of that hole with 2 or 3 brass
screws,if need be fix a wide noggin to the joist above? layer some nonails
all over the ceiling rose get someone to hold it in place while you screw it
up to the ceiling.
Whatever light drop you choose the fixing should cover the brass screws and
no need for any filling as someone suggested.

Wiring a light at a ceiling rose [email protected] UK diy 13 December 7th 06 12:33 AM
Ceiling rose wiring Frank P UK diy 11 May 28th 06 12:08 PM
Wires chafed through in ceiling rose. [email protected] UK diy 1 November 27th 05 11:40 PM
Wires chafed through in ceiling rose. [email protected] UK diy 1 November 27th 05 09:36 PM
Extendable ceiling rose thingy... Owain UK diy 1 August 16th 03 11:04 PM