Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TLC

Decided to try their online ordering for pickup at my local store. If
only to get a print out and save having to remember things. The 'system'
says it will send you an email when the order is ready for collection.
Which it hadn't by this morning so decided to just go anyway - complete
with my printed out list.

It was fairly obvious the branch hadn't had any communication about my
order as the assistant entered it all in manually. And unusually were out
of stock of a few fairly common items. Which they arranged to have sent to
the branch for collection on Monday.

Later this afternoon I got an email saying my order was ready for
collection...

--
*All men are idiots, and I married their King.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 00:23:27 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Decided to try their online ordering for pickup at my local store. If
only to get a print out and save having to remember things. The 'system'
says it will send you an email when the order is ready for collection.
Which it hadn't by this morning so decided to just go anyway - complete
with my printed out list.

It was fairly obvious the branch hadn't had any communication about my
order as the assistant entered it all in manually. And unusually were out
of stock of a few fairly common items. Which they arranged to have sent to
the branch for collection on Monday.

Yebbut be fair, there's quite a bit you're not telling us.

When did you place the order? Was it only the previous evening? Was it a
couple of days previously? What time in the morning did you visit? Was it
first thing(ish)? Not unreasonably, there may be a few hours delay in their
system.

Later this afternoon I got an email saying my order was ready for
collection...

Good for them, they obviously managed to ship the good out to the branch
really quickly.

I don't have the luxury of a local branch, but I've always found their
deliveries excellent, almost always following day.

--
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Wanderer wrote:
[...]

Annoying thing about my local branch is that they don't stock the 'D Line'
trunking which is brilliant stuff. Has to come from another branch next
day.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Wanderer wrote:
On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 00:23:27 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Decided to try their online ordering for pickup at my local store. If
only to get a print out and save having to remember things. The
'system' says it will send you an email when the order is ready for
collection. Which it hadn't by this morning so decided to just go
anyway - complete with my printed out list.

It was fairly obvious the branch hadn't had any communication about
my order as the assistant entered it all in manually. And unusually
were out of stock of a few fairly common items. Which they arranged to
have sent to the branch for collection on Monday.

Yebbut be fair, there's quite a bit you're not telling us.

When did you place the order? Was it only the previous evening?

Previous afternoon. About 1500.

Was it a couple of days previously? What time in the morning did you
visit? Was it first thing(ish)? Not unreasonably, there may be a few
hours delay in their system.

Around 1200.

Later this afternoon I got an email saying my order was ready for
collection...

Good for them, they obviously managed to ship the good out to the branch
really quickly.

Checked with them this morning and that's not the case.

I don't have the luxury of a local branch, but I've always found their
deliveries excellent, almost always following day.

I'm not really criticising them as I use them near exclusively and find
them excellent - just their website ordering. I've not had cause to have
stuff delivered, but of course that will come - presumably - from their
main stores. In general my local branch is very rarely out of stock -
quite a difference from other electrical wholesalers. It could be they're
suffering from the Olympics thing like so many others.

--
*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Wanderer wrote:
[...]

Actually, I *think* their web deliveries are made from the local store.
Certainly they have been delivered by a TLC van and I rang the local
store to discuss a minor problem (satisfactorily sorted out but I can't
actually remember what it was).

--
Rod

onset.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:

Actually, I *think* their web deliveries are made from the local store.
Certainly they have been delivered by a TLC van and I rang the local
store to discuss a minor problem (satisfactorily sorted out but I can't
actually remember what it was).

It might vary with location, but here they come from the nearest branch.
Don't know if that counts as main branch or not though. There have been
a couple of times recently when I ordered more obscure stuff that they
had to get it from another branch.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
Rod wrote:

Actually, I *think* their web deliveries are made from the local
store. Certainly they have been delivered by a TLC van and I rang
the local store to discuss a minor problem (satisfactorily sorted
out but I can't actually remember what it was).

It might vary with location, but here they come from the nearest
branch. Don't know if that counts as main branch or not though. There
have been a couple of times recently when I ordered more obscure
stuff that they had to get it from another branch.

I heard that some 'branches' are franchises?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
Rod wrote:

Actually, I *think* their web deliveries are made from the local
store. Certainly they have been delivered by a TLC van and I rang
the local store to discuss a minor problem (satisfactorily sorted
out but I can't actually remember what it was).

It might vary with location, but here they come from the nearest
branch. Don't know if that counts as main branch or not though. There
have been a couple of times recently when I ordered more obscure
stuff that they had to get it from another branch.

I heard that some 'branches' are franchises?

I would not be surprised if most of them are...

--
Cheers,

John.