DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Yorkshire Meet? Any one interested? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/260669-yorkshire-meet-any-one-interested.html)

ARWadworth September 18th 08 09:15 PM

Yorkshire Meet? Any one interested?

If I suggest a pub near J37 of the M1 are there any other posters here who
live in Yorkshire interested in a Yorkshire meet?

Adam

Roger September 18th 08 10:17 PM

Yorkshire Meet? Any one interested?

The message
from "ARWadworth" contains these words:

If I suggest a pub near J37 of the M1 are there any other posters here who
live in Yorkshire interested in a Yorkshire meet?

Too far south for me.

--
Roger Chapman

Micky Savage[_2_] September 19th 08 09:56 AM

Yorkshire Meet? Any one interested?

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "ARWadworth" contains these words:

If I suggest a pub near J37 of the M1 are there any other posters here
who
live in Yorkshire interested in a Yorkshire meet?

Too far south for me.

--
Roger Chapman

And ME,

Regards

mICKY

Dave Liquorice[_2_] September 19th 08 10:33 AM

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 22:17:43 +0100, Roger wrote:

If I suggest a pub near J37 of the M1 are there any other posters here
who live in Yorkshire interested in a Yorkshire meet?

Too far south for me.

And me.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Mary Fisher September 19th 08 10:38 AM

"Micky Savage" wrote in message

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "ARWadworth" contains these words:

If I suggest a pub near J37 of the M1 are there any other posters here
who
live in Yorkshire interested in a Yorkshire meet?

Too far south for me.

--
Roger Chapman

And ME,

Regards

mICKY

And me.

Why not the centre of Yorkshire - Leeds?

Mary

Dave Liquorice[_2_] September 19th 08 11:57 AM

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:38:59 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

If I suggest a pub near J37 of the M1

Too far south for me.

And ME,

And me.

Why not the centre of Yorkshire - Leeds?

Good grief Mary, It's only 30 miles form the center of Leeds to M1 J37.
It's 130 for me... Having said that I do work in Leeds occasionally but I
doubt that a meet date would ever coincide with work.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Mary Fisher September 19th 08 12:51 PM

Yorkshire Meet? Any one interested?

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:38:59 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

If I suggest a pub near J37 of the M1

Too far south for me.

And ME,

And me.

Why not the centre of Yorkshire - Leeds?

Good grief Mary, It's only 30 miles form the center of Leeds to M1 J37.
It's 130 for me... Having said that I do work in Leeds occasionally but I
doubt that a meet date would ever coincide with work.

It was said tongue in cheek:-)

But I thought you were outside the fairest county ...

Mary

Dave Liquorice[_2_] September 19th 08 02:06 PM

It was said tongue in cheek:-)

But I thought you were outside the fairest county ...

I am, in the middle of Englands Last Wilderness.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Frank Erskine September 19th 08 04:06 PM

Yorkshire Meet? Any one interested?

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:06:59 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:51:51 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

But I thought you were outside the fairest county ...

I am, in the middle of Englands Last Wilderness.

and the finest bit of England...

--
Frank Erskine

ARWadworth September 19th 08 05:48 PM

Yorkshire Meet? Any one interested?

. net...

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "ARWadworth" contains these words:

If I suggest a pub near J37 of the M1 are there any other posters here
who
live in Yorkshire interested in a Yorkshire meet?

Too far south for me.

--
Roger Chapman

And ME,

Regards

mICKY

And me.

Why not the centre of Yorkshire - Leeds?

I would guess York is more central to Yorkshire than Leeds. So suggest
somewhere in Leeds I can travel :)

Adam

The Medway Handyman September 19th 08 09:10 PM

ARWadworth wrote:
If I suggest a pub near J37 of the M1 are there any other posters
here who live in Yorkshire interested in a Yorkshire meet?

Is York Shire north of Watford?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Cerberus . September 19th 08 09:19 PM

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:10:16 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

ARWadworth wrote:
If I suggest a pub near J37 of the M1 are there any other posters
here who live in Yorkshire interested in a Yorkshire meet?

Is York Shire north of Watford?

Not as north as Muckle Flugga :-)

Don.

Derek September 19th 08 11:50 PM

Yorkshire Meet? Any one interested?

ARWadworth wrote:
If I suggest a pub near J37 of the M1 are there any other posters
here who live in Yorkshire interested in a Yorkshire meet?

Is York Shire north of Watford?

Not as north as Muckle Flugga :-)

Many a Mickle (Field) maks a Muckle.

Derek

geoff September 20th 08 06:40 PM

Yorkshire Meet? Any one interested?

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
ARWadworth wrote:
If I suggest a pub near J37 of the M1 are there any other posters
here who live in Yorkshire interested in a Yorkshire meet?

Is York Shire north of Watford?

I 'kin hope so

--
geoff