Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shedload of problems?

We have a garage full of junk and a large shed full of tools that I
can't get to because of the junk. When I came to use my router to attack
the piece of wood to make a mantelpiece, I discovered that the collets
and the bit had rusted together, so the first fine day for ages was
spent freeing off and re-assembling.

I have been saying for ages that we need a separate shed for the garden
tools that are put in after a bit of a dig or mow or whatever and then
raise the shed humidity well past the tool-rusting threshold. Besides,
they have to be climbed over or fall on me all the time. As I've been
seen to be making a decorative housey thing, the argument seems to be
producing results.

The big wooden shed is fine, but it is now on its third roof felt, and
we all are getting older, so I've been looking at metal and plastic clip
the bits together things.

I'm told by a steel shed owner that it hasn't rusted as he expected, and
I've also been looking at 'resin' sheds as sold by B&Q etc.
The relevant one in stock locally is assembled on a rack about 15 feet
above ground and can't be inspected closely, but has a piece broken off
the door. How B&Q thinks this is a great sales ploy beats me.

I was really hoping to level the ground, spread a small bed of tiny
pebbles and then plonk the shed floor on that, clip it together and
expect it to last about 20 or so years. It would be in a fairly
sheltered spot and I can make plywood anchors if necessary.

Is this sensible? Does anyone have any experience of resin sheds? Do
they fade and go brittle in light like so many plastics? Do they bend?
Can they be repaired with fibreglass or epoxy resin?

Can anyone help with advice?
--
Bill

I don't have MI5 problems, I have Mitsubishi problems Floyd Gilmour Electronics Repair 2 December 31st 07 04:07 PM
two problems... Nate Nagel Home Repair 12 December 30th 07 06:49 PM
find all solutions to skin care problems, hair care problems, nail care issues.. bina Home Ownership 0 August 1st 06 11:48 AM
PC problems John Electronics Repair 10 March 26th 05 08:27 PM
Extending a hallway, problems, problems... Christian McArdle UK diy 1 October 15th 04 05:40 PM