Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is it worth owt? - Belfast sink

I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver today by a
guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver today by
a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

I will buy it of you. I use them for beer making.

I suppose you are miles away.

I am in Leeds. W. Yorkshire.

Kind Regards

Micky

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Micky Savage wrote:
"R D S" wrote in message
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use
for. I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver
today by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

I will buy it of you. I use them for beer making.

I suppose you are miles away.

I am in Leeds. W. Yorkshire.

Darwen (Nr Blackburn), Lancs.

Is that too far for you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
Micky Savage wrote:
"R D S" wrote in message
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use
for. I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver
today by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

I will buy it of you. I use them for beer making.

I suppose you are miles away.

I am in Leeds. W. Yorkshire.

Darwen (Nr Blackburn), Lancs.

Is that too far for you?

Oh No ,
Love your place. What do you want for it?

Kind Regards,

Micky

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Micky Savage wrote:
"R D S" wrote in message
Micky Savage wrote:
"R D S" wrote in message
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use
for. I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a
fiver today by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

I will buy it of you. I use them for beer making.

I suppose you are miles away.

I am in Leeds. W. Yorkshire.

Darwen (Nr Blackburn), Lancs.

Is that too far for you?

Oh No ,
Love your place. What do you want for it?

£15 and it's yours, bear in mind its a bit grubby and needs a good clean.

Cheers,
Rick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:

Micky Savage wrote:

"R D S" wrote in message

Micky Savage wrote:

"R D S" wrote in message

I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use
for. I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a
fiver today by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

I will buy it of you. I use them for beer making.

I suppose you are miles away.

I am in Leeds. W. Yorkshire.

Darwen (Nr Blackburn), Lancs.

Is that too far for you?

Oh No ,
Love your place. What do you want for it?

£15 and it's yours, bear in mind its a bit grubby and needs a good clean.

When I was site supervisor at the local primary school we had a plumbing
refurb and there were lots of Belfast sinks up for grabs. When the
teachers came back to school I mentioned the sinks to them, they all
went that day. They are popular with gardeners.

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Micky Savage" wrote in message

"R D S" wrote in message
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver today
by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

I will buy it of you. I use them for beer making.

I suppose you are miles away.

I am in Leeds. W. Yorkshire.

So am I. I've got several - only standard sizes though.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver today
by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

I will buy it of you. I use them for beer making.

'eeee it's a whole new world. Making beer in 't sink (bath full of coal I
suppose). Must be a Northern thing.

Southern Jessie )

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver today
by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

I will buy it of you. I use them for beer making.

'eeee it's a whole new world. Making beer in 't sink (bath full of coal I
suppose). Must be a Northern thing.

Southern Jessie )

When I visited a brewery years ago, the stuff was brewed in open
stainless steel basins the size of an average pub bar...

I remember putting my head down to sniff the stuff, and getting a
lungful of pure CO2..not recommended.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver today
by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

I will buy it of you. I use them for beer making.

'eeee it's a whole new world. Making beer in 't sink (bath full of coal I
suppose). Must be a Northern thing.

Southern Jessie )

Hi.
LOL no coal in bath the wife goes mad.

Micky

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Micky Savage" wrote in message

'eeee it's a whole new world. Making beer in 't sink (bath full of coal I
suppose). Must be a Northern thing.

Southern Jessie )

Hi.
LOL no coal in bath the wife goes mad.

Tip - don't unlod the sacks in the bath while she's still in it.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver today
by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

I will buy it of you. I use them for beer making.

'eeee it's a whole new world. Making beer in 't sink (bath full of coal I
suppose). Must be a Northern thing.

Southern Jessie )

I don't make beer in our sinks, I grow plants in some, there's a pond in the
biggest and the other is full of stones for some reason.

It's a northern thing. Soft Southerners, I've been told, wash dishes in
them.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver today by
a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

Back in 1960 when I was 7 when I was at boarding school, they
used to bath us in those. Followed by a compulsory cold
shower.
Don't ask, it was an odd school.

--
G,

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver today by a
guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

ones going for £20 on ebay

--
Kevin R
Reply address works
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Sep, 18:20, "R D S" wrote:
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver today by a
guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

Is it definitely a Belfast and not a butler?
Butler sinks £500+ on Lassco's website.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lino expert wrote:
On 16 Sep, 18:20, "R D S" wrote:
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use
for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver
today by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

Is it definitely a Belfast and not a butler?
Butler sinks £500+ on Lassco's website.

It's definitely a Belfast, from these people,
http://www.shawsofdarwen.com/pr_sinks_overview.jsp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Sep, 19:45, "R D S" wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 16 Sep, 18:20, "R D S" wrote:
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use
for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver
today by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

Is it definitely a Belfast and not a butler?
Butler sinks £500+ on Lassco's website.

It's definitely a Belfast, from these people,http://www.shawsofdarwen.com/pr_sinks_overview.jsp

They're retailing for between £100 and £200, looks like your guy with
his fiver was trying his luck.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lino expert wrote:
On 16 Sep, 18:20, "R D S" wrote:
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use
for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver
today by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

Is it definitely a Belfast and not a butler?
Butler sinks £500+ on Lassco's website.

What's the difference?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Sep, 20:07, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 16 Sep, 18:20, "R D S" wrote:
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use
for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver
today by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

Is it definitely a Belfast and not a butler?
Butler sinks £500+ on Lassco's website.

What's the difference?

Belfasts have got Weir overflows...butlers haven't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 16 Sep, 18:20, "R D S" wrote:
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use
for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver
today by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

Is it definitely a Belfast and not a butler?
Butler sinks £500+ on Lassco's website.

What's the difference?

Belfasts have got Weir overflows...butlers haven't.

Thanks!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 16 Sep, 18:20, "R D S" wrote:
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use
for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver
today by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

Is it definitely a Belfast and not a butler?
Butler sinks £500+ on Lassco's website.

What's the difference?

Belfasts have got Weir overflows...butlers haven't.

A Belfast sink is a type of Butler Sink:

http://www.periodhomeandgarden.co.uk...r-Belfast.aspx

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Lino expert wrote:
On 16 Sep, 18:20, "R D S" wrote:
I have a double? (twice as long as wide) belfast sink I have no use
for.
I was convinced they were worth something but was offered a fiver
today by a guy who deals in this sort of stuff.
Is the fad over?

Is it definitely a Belfast and not a butler?
Butler sinks £500+ on Lassco's website.

What's the difference?

Belfasts have got Weir overflows...butlers haven't.

A Belfast sink is a type of Butler Sink:

http://www.periodhomeandgarden.co.uk...cleType/Articl...

It sure is...one with an overflow )

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mark" wrote in message

A Belfast sink is a type of Butler Sink:

http://www.periodhomeandgarden.co.uk...r-Belfast.aspx

An excellent bit of knowledge!

Thanks,

Mary