Senior Member

Default Scalewatcher

Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , asalcedo
wrote

Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

They work well but only if you also add snake oil to the water supply.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

asalcedo wrote:
Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

No.

And really?? How many times has this been covered here? It must be hundreds.

--
Grunff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grunff" wrote in message
asalcedo wrote:
Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

No.

Have you tried it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

Have you tried it?

No, but I also haven't tried wrapping rabbit fur around my pipes to
reduce scale build-up.

There have been enough scientific studies on this to settle it.

--
Grunff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grunff" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

Have you tried it?

No, but I also haven't tried wrapping rabbit fur around my pipes to reduce
scale build-up.

Does that work?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Grunff" wrote in message
asalcedo wrote:
Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

No.

Have you tried it?

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot.

Got him!

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Grunff" wrote in message
asalcedo wrote:
Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

No.

Have you tried it?

Have you tried the tools you rubbish? No?

You can't tell how well a tool will last by looking at it.

But you can a snake oil product...

--
*How about "never"? Is "never" good for you?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Grunff" wrote in message
asalcedo wrote:
Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

No.

Have you tried it?

Yes. It didn't work, not in the slightest. Indeed not only did it not
work, but there is no conceivable mechanism by which it could work. The
building maintenance manager who fitted one at the factory where I
worked, and who stopped using the permutit water softeners in
consequence, caused thousands of pounds worth of damage to glass washers
and industrial equipment. He was sacked for incompetence.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Grunff
writes
asalcedo wrote:
Is this descaler any good?
http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

No.

And really?? How many times has this been covered here? It must be hundreds.

Its a numpty from diybanter - what do you expect ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , asalcedo
writes

Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

Of course it does

"Unlike cheap competition uses patented audio frequency"

how can it possibly not work ?

try it and report back ...

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , geoff
wrote
In message , asalcedo
writes

Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

Of course it does

"Unlike cheap competition uses patented audio frequency"

how can it possibly not work ?

try it and report back ...

The limescale becomes less sticky when relaxed. That's why you play
music to it.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote:
Have you tried it?

Yes. It didn't work, not in the slightest. Indeed not only did it not
work, but there is no conceivable mechanism by which it could work. The
building maintenance manager who fitted one at the factory where I
worked, and who stopped using the permutit water softeners in
consequence, caused thousands of pounds worth of damage to glass washers
and industrial equipment. He was sacked for incompetence.

I'm quoting this back for all the cynics who say Steve never says
anything useful and have him killfiled...

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Grunff" wrote in message
asalcedo wrote:
Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

No.

Have you tried it?

Yes. It didn't work,

Oh look! A plantpot! A Gary Glitter fan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Grunff" wrote in message
asalcedo wrote:
Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

No.

Have you tried it?

Have

Please eff off as you are a plantpot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Grunff" wrote in message
asalcedo wrote:
Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

No.

Have you tried it?

Yes. It didn't work,

Oh

Eff off you are a plantpot.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Grunff" wrote in message
asalcedo wrote:
Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

No.

Have you tried it?

Yes. It didn't work,

Oh

Eff

This one should be tagged.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 23, 11:11*am, Alan wrote:
In message , geoff
wrote

In message , asalcedo
writes

Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

Of course it does

"Unlike cheap competition uses patented audio frequency"

how can it possibly not work ?

try it and report back ...

The limescale becomes less sticky when relaxed. That's why you play
music to it.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Well: Looking at the specification which says it consumes 30 milliamps
(that's presumably at 230 volts?) so it uses 230 volts x 0.03 amps =
6.9 watts.

The specification also say it operates on audio frequencies from 0.5
to 5 kilohertz.

So maybe someone has given this gadget a 'fair shake' ? (That's an
attempt at a pun by the way ................. shake the water so the
stuff doesn't deposit ...... !!!!). Groan?

Apart from that IIRC this type of thing was debunked on a North
American consumer oriented TV show. But that version was probably 115
volts.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

asalcedo wrote:
Is this descaler any good?

http://www.scalewatcher.co.uk/index.asp

Bear in mind an anagram of scalewatcher is 'Cheaters Claw'.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk