Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default kilowatts along 10mm/15mm/22mm copper.....

..... at typical combi flow rates?

I've seen this mentioned somewhere but damned if I can find it.
Just trying to get a ball-park figure for rads feedable from each size.
TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 20, 2:48*pm, "fred" wrote:
.... at typical combi flow rates?

I've seen this mentioned somewhere but damned if I can find it.
Just trying to get a ball-park figure for rads feedable from each size.
TIA

Might be in he

http://www.cda.org.uk/Megab2/build/p...estic-heating-
systems.pdf

cheers,
Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "fred" saying something
like:

.... at typical combi flow rates?

I've seen this mentioned somewhere but damned if I can find it.
Just trying to get a ball-park figure for rads feedable from each size.
TIA

Approximations:
22mm 24kW
15mm 12kW
10mm 6kW
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Approximations:
22mm 24kW
15mm 12kW
10mm 6kW
--
Dave

Strange!!!, in the admittedly very old tables I have, it says:

For a flow velocity not exceeding 0.75 m/sec (recommended for domestic)
22mm 7.6kW
15mm 3.07kW
10mm no figures.

For a flow velocity not exceeding 1m/sec (recommended for industrial)
22mm 14.65kW
15mm 4.7kW
10mm no figures

These carrying capacities are calculated on a temperature drop of 11deg C in
the system.

The figures are so far apart from the previous contributor there must be an
error somewhere.

Don

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Donwill" popple @diddle .dot wrote in message

Approximations:
22mm 24kW
15mm 12kW
10mm 6kW
--
Dave

Strange!!!, in the admittedly very old tables I have, it says:

For a flow velocity not exceeding 0.75 m/sec (recommended for domestic)
22mm 7.6kW
15mm 3.07kW
10mm no figures.

For a flow velocity not exceeding 1m/sec (recommended for industrial)
22mm 14.65kW
15mm 4.7kW
10mm no figures

These carrying capacities are calculated on a temperature drop of 11deg C
in the system.

The figures are so far apart from the previous contributor there must be
an error somewhere.

11 deg C drop.. condensing boilers need a bigger drop so the water has to
give out more heat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Donwill" popple @diddle .dot
saying something like:

Approximations:
22mm 24kW
15mm 12kW
10mm 6kW
--
Dave

Strange!!!, in the admittedly very old tables I have, it says:

Crap! Sorry, brainfart. That above should read

28mm 24kW
22mm 12kW
15mm 6kW
10mm 3kW

Used as a quick and dirty rule of thumb I've found this to be good
enough for general purposes.
It tallies much better with your figures (and no, I'm not just
correcting them to look better).

For a flow velocity not exceeding 1m/sec (recommended for industrial)
22mm 14.65kW
15mm 4.7kW
10mm no figures

--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Donwill popple @diddle .dot wrote:
Strange!!!, in the admittedly very old tables I have, it says:

For a flow velocity not exceeding 0.75 m/sec (recommended for domestic)
22mm 7.6kW
15mm 3.07kW
10mm no figures.

Interesting; my new 28kW system boiler has 22mm outlets. Either it's
pushing the water round rather fast or it's not going to work when it's
cold.

--
*I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

15mm & 22mm Copper Pipe ? the_constructor UK diy 4 December 11th 07 10:22 PM
10mm to 15mm John Kelly UK diy 29 April 6th 06 12:38 PM
22mm - 22mm - 10mm Tee [email protected] UK diy 13 February 15th 06 07:16 PM
Does exist a 15mm pre-bent copper pipe section with tight (approx 15mm radius) bend Peter UK diy 3 August 28th 05 02:57 PM
15mm or 22mm copper pipe for central heating? simon_london UK diy 3 January 19th 04 03:43 PM