Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Uk outdoor DIYers

Been working on a project in the garden this week despite the weather.
Problem is with all the rain we have been getting this month it is a bit
chancy to use power tools outside, not really keen on electric shocks!
The method I use is to install Meteox,
http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx
into Google Earth, this updates every 15 mains, refresh google if need be.
This way I can check and see the rain that is heading my way and work
around it when I want to use power.

--
Corporal Jones
"I don't like it up me"
Posted to uk.d-i-y
rrh rrh is offline

"Corporal Jones" wrote in message

Been working on a project in the garden this week despite the weather.
Problem is with all the rain we have been getting this month it is a bit
chancy to use power tools outside, not really keen on electric shocks!
The method I use is to install Meteox,
http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx
into Google Earth, this updates every 15 mains, refresh google if need be.
This way I can check and see the rain that is heading my way and work
around it when I want to use power.

--
Corporal Jones
"I don't like it up me"

Ta - looks like this could be v helpful. Have just had the day from hell
when - late pm - "light showers" according to the BBC weather forecast
(which yesterday were indeed that) turned into a tropical downpour. Bang
went my newly-glossed exterior woodwork and masonry-painted surrounding
wall. Never mind - only took me two hours to hose all the dilute paint off
the conservatory glass roof below.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 19, 8:00*pm, Corporal Jones
wrote:
Been working on a project in the garden this week despite the weather.
Problem is with all the rain we have been getting this month it is a bit
chancy to use power tools outside, not really keen on electric shocks!
The method I use is to install Meteox,http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx
into Google Earth, this updates every 15 mains, refresh google if need be..
This way I can check and see the rain that is heading my way and work
around it when I want to use power.

--
Corporal Jones
"I don't like it up me"

Thank you for the tip. That's a great acquisition.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Corporal Jones wrote:
Been working on a project in the garden this week despite the weather.
Problem is with all the rain we have been getting this month it is a
bit chancy to use power tools outside, not really keen on electric
shocks! The method I use is to install Meteox,
http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx
into Google Earth, this updates every 15 mains, refresh google if
need be. This way I can check and see the rain that is heading my way
and work around it when I want to use power.

Like the fact that most of Scotland is not part of Great Britain anymore
................... :-)

(Click on the Great Britain link under the map)

--
Mark BR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Corporal Jones wrote:
Been working on a project in the garden this week despite the weather.
Problem is with all the rain we have been getting this month it is a
bit chancy to use power tools outside, not really keen on electric
shocks! The method I use is to install Meteox,

I use a PVC Gazebo from B&Q !

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Been working on a project in the garden this week despite the weather.
Problem is with all the rain we have been getting this month it is a bit
chancy to use power tools outside, not really keen on electric shocks!
The method I use is to install Meteox,http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx
into Google Earth, this updates every 15 mains, refresh google if need be..
This way I can check and see the rain that is heading my way and work
around it when I want to use power.

--
Corporal Jones
"I don't like it up me"

I use Met Office 'Rainfall Radar', not quite so timely but does the
job and the rainfall animation is handy:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

cheers,
Pete.

Running outdoor Christmas lights without an outdoor outlet PM Home Repair 5 December 17th 06 04:12 AM
Running outdoor Christmas lights without an outdoor outlet PM Home Ownership 2 December 16th 06 11:56 PM
50+ DIYers Nibor UK diy 27 August 24th 06 09:57 PM
Why are DIYers sometimes shut out from quality stuff? bf Woodworking 23 September 14th 05 01:09 AM