Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HP and LP showers

Sorry to keep picking your brains.
We're going from a gravity shower to a combi one.
What's the fundamental difference between HP and LP showers?
Is it possible to retrofit HP bits into a LP one or is it a new shower?
TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:59:53 +0100 someone who may be "fred"
wrote this:-

We're going from a gravity shower to a combi one.
What's the fundamental difference between HP and LP showers?
Is it possible to retrofit HP bits into a LP one or is it a new shower?

Some claim to be suitable for a wide range of pressures, for example
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/47639/Bathrooms/Showers/Mixer-Showers/Thermostatic/Triton-Altair-Thermostatic-Mixer-Shower.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
fred wrote:
Sorry to keep picking your brains.
We're going from a gravity shower to a combi one.
What's the fundamental difference between HP and LP showers?
Is it possible to retrofit HP bits into a LP one or is it a new shower?

It should work fine that way - it's the other that won't.

--
*Husbands should come with instructions

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message
Sorry to keep picking your brains.
We're going from a gravity shower to a combi one.
What's the fundamental difference between HP and LP showers?
Is it possible to retrofit HP bits into a LP one or is it a new shower?

It should work OK, If not then fit an external pressure equalisation valve
in the hot and cold lines. Available from BES:

http://www.bes.ltd.uk/
Product No. 16711

Make sure the hot goes right back to the combi to better performance...and
the cold feed of the combi right back to the stoptap which should be changed
to a full bore type.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

We're going from a gravityshowerto a combi one.
What's the fundamental difference between HP and LP showers?
Is it possible to retrofit HP bits into a LP one or is it a newshower?

Some claim to be suitable for a wide range of pressures, for example
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/47639/Bathrooms/Showers/Mixer-Showers/T....

--
* David Hansen, Edinburgh
*I will *always* explain revoked encryption keys, unless RIP prevents me
*http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/00023--e.htm#54

Hi,

I also am fixing up my bathroom and fitting a Bathroom suite, taps and
shower ect not sure if this helps but i got a great deal on a bathroom
suite from http://www.truerooms.com/ they offer free UK delivery.

Hope this helps,

John.

showers dave UK diy 3 April 10th 05 07:16 AM
e bay showers frank spencer UK diy 3 February 9th 05 04:44 PM
Showers and tiling John Kelly UK diy 3 January 9th 05 08:16 AM
showers and rcd peter t UK diy 8 December 28th 04 09:33 PM
Showers Chris J Dixon UK diy 0 August 31st 03 07:57 AM