Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where can I get a good deal on radiators?

Hello,

I've just had a shock when I was quoted £1500 for new (basic)
radiators for my house.

Can anyone recommend where I can get decent but cheap radiators that
can be delivered?

Cheers
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tvmo" wrote in message
Hello,

I've just had a shock when I was quoted £1500 for new (basic)
radiators for my house.

Can anyone recommend where I can get decent but cheap radiators that
can be delivered?

Cheers

I buy all mine from Screwfix - about £60 each for the size I get:

http://tinyurl.com/6n6ws7

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks Bob,

I looked at Screwfix but Plumb World came in cheaper. Any other
offers?

Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 02:55:06 -0700, tvmo wrote:

Thanks Bob,

I looked at Screwfix but Plumb World came in cheaper. Any other offers?

Cheers

===================================
Wickes also deliver subject to conditions.

Check the type of radiator you want before you buy. Some are 'round top'
others are more 'boxy'.

Cic.
--
===================================
Using Ubuntu Linux
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Plumb World is still a bit cheaper.

Thanks though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 04:42:11 -0700 (PDT), tvmo
wrote:

Plumb World is still a bit cheaper.

Thanks though.

Plumbworld is the front for Plumbcentre and their rads are basic but
of decent quality.

You order from Plumbworld and your local Plumbcentre deliver. This was
handy as they got the order wrong and delivered one wrong and one
damaged rad. Replacements arrived within an hour.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 01:28:21 -0700, tvmo wrote:

Hello,

I've just had a shock when I was quoted £1500 for new (basic) radiators
for my house.

Can anyone recommend where I can get decent but cheap radiators that can
be delivered?

Cheers

You should not be paying more than the screwfix price.
A local builders' or plumbers' merchant will deliver on a largish order.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sorry to have to correct you Eric, but Plumbworld have absolutely
nothing to do with Plumbcentre !

Plumbcentre are owned by Wolseley Plc whereas Plumbworld are owned by
Grafton Group Plc.
(The Group that owns Plumbase, Jacksons and Buildbase)

Plumbworld operates entirely as a stand alone business employing 75
people in the Vale of Evesham. All deliveries are sent directly from
the central warehouse with carriers such as business post, City Link
or Fragile Transport Ltd.

The Duratherm radiators are made specifically for Plumbworld by a
leading European manufacturer and the ten year guarantee is genuine. I
would not claim that the radiators are the very best quality available
or the very cheapest available, but in terms of value for money, I
think they are hard to beat.

James Hickman
Managing Director
www.plumbworld.co.uk Ltd
A Grafton Group Plc Company
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 01:18:06 -0700 (PDT), PlumbingPages
wrote:

Sorry to have to correct you Eric, but Plumbworld have absolutely
nothing to do with Plumbcentre !

No, nothing wrong with correction, particularly in a group like this.

It must be my mistaken conclusion as I ordered from World and Centre
had the same cataloge details except full prices, and delivered the
stuff, so I assumed it was just a retail front end to pacify the
Trade.

I was pleased with the instant response to the problems with the
order.

Sorry!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Sorry to have to correct you Eric, but Plumbworld have absolutely
nothing to do with Plumbcentre !

Profuse apologies, I must have got totally confused. This was two
years ago and I no longer have the paperwork.

You are of course perfectly correct to intervene when an error such as
this is being made.

Many thanks.