Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Blinding

I have filed the walls in the PB with Red Devil and its great gear. However
the filler does show through the paint a little. Someone mentioned blinding
the filler first. I take it this means painting it with some kind of paint
first. Now, I have a tin of Zinsser Bullseye 123 left over. Its a primer.
Would this be OK to apply to the filler on the wall then covered with
emulsion???

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 6, 6:02*pm, "Samantha Booth"
wrote:
I have filed the walls in the PB with Red Devil and its great gear. However
the filler does show through the paint a little. Someone mentioned blinding
the filler first. I take it this means painting it with some kind of paint
first. Now, I have a tin of Zinsser Bullseye 123 left over. Its a primer.
Would this be OK to apply to the filler on the wall then covered with
emulsion???

When filler shows through paint its normally because the surface
texture is different. Get the texture to match the surroundings and no-
one will know it was there.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I have filed the walls in the PB with Red Devil and its great gear.
However
the filler does show through the paint a little. Someone mentioned
blinding
the filler first. I take it this means painting it with some kind of paint
first. Now, I have a tin of Zinsser Bullseye 123 left over. Its a primer.
Would this be OK to apply to the filler on the wall then covered with
emulsion???

When filler shows through paint its normally because the surface
texture is different. Get the texture to match the surroundings and no-
one will know it was there.

NT

Its showing up a lot though. My problem is I am painting plasterboard and it
has a stippled effect. The filler leaves the surface totally flat so it
looks odd when painted. I have a slightly stippled effect when painted and
some brilliantly flat parts where the filler is. I need to make the filler
parts rougher.pIts also making the yellow paint i am aplying darker than the
non filled parts.

What can I do please?

Thanks Sam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

If you could post a very very close up pic of the 2 surfaces, with
light arranged so it shows up the texture, maybe I or someone else
could suggest something.

NT

I dont have a camera I wouldnt know how to either.

What I have done tonight is, got a wallpaper paste brush and some primer and
I have stippled the wall where the smoth bits are. When i come to repaint
them I will tell you what they look like and if its worked. They look shiny

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

wrote:
[...]

Is that the sort of stipple/orange peel effect you get from a roller? If
so, you would probably do best covering the repaired bit using a roller.
Then do the whole wall with roller.

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod" wrote in message
wrote:
[...]

Thats what i have been doing but the filler keeps showing through From
sideways on its shiny against the rest of the wall. I have stippled primer
on today and will re-roller tomorrow and will let you know how I get on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Just a guess.

Have you tried a cheap piece of foam, starting from the middle and
working out by dabbing the paint with the foam? Be heavy with the paint
on the dabbing foam though.

Never tried this myself.

Dave

Blinding Paul UK diy 2 August 10th 04 07:03 PM
"Blinding" with sand Lobster UK diy 4 November 24th 03 11:24 PM