Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default C'mon!

The parcel shelf in SWMBO's Corsa pivots on two plastic pegs which fit into
holes in the rear trim - or rather it did.

The aforementioned plastic pegs are 12mm dia & about 70mm long - alas the
hole in the trim is much deeper and the pegs aren't fixed - so both
disappeared into the innards of the vehicle.

Popped into a Vauxhall dealer today to purchase two more, which the didn't
have in stock of course.

They could order them. £7:35. Each!!!!!! Nearly £15 for two plastic
dowels!!!!

One length of 12mm dowel from B&Q later - sorted for £2:48.

No wonder Clarkson hates Vauxhall !

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
The parcel shelf in SWMBO's Corsa pivots on two plastic pegs which fit
into holes in the rear trim - or rather it did.

The aforementioned plastic pegs are 12mm dia & about 70mm long - alas the
hole in the trim is much deeper and the pegs aren't fixed - so both
disappeared into the innards of the vehicle.

Popped into a Vauxhall dealer today to purchase two more, which the didn't
have in stock of course.

They could order them. £7:35. Each!!!!!! Nearly £15 for two plastic
dowels!!!!

One length of 12mm dowel from B&Q later - sorted for £2:48.

No wonder Clarkson hates Vauxhall !

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

You can't be too bright if you need to go and ask the price before trying to
make something.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"JD" wrote in message

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
om...
The parcel shelf in SWMBO's Corsa pivots on two plastic pegs which fit
into holes in the rear trim - or rather it did.

The aforementioned plastic pegs are 12mm dia & about 70mm long - alas the
hole in the trim is much deeper and the pegs aren't fixed - so both
disappeared into the innards of the vehicle.

Popped into a Vauxhall dealer today to purchase two more, which the
didn't have in stock of course.

They could order them. £7:35. Each!!!!!! Nearly £15 for two plastic
dowels!!!!

One length of 12mm dowel from B&Q later - sorted for £2:48.

No wonder Clarkson hates Vauxhall !

You can't be too bright if you need to go and ask the price before trying
to make something.

You can't be too bright if you would try to make something before asking the
price.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
No wonder Clarkson hates Vauxhall !

Get forced to drive a Vectra every working day and find out the real
reason he hates Vauxhall. I'm so happy I have a Ford on short term lease
after they scrapped my 4 year old Vectra last week, I'm actually
enjoying driving again.

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
"JD" wrote in message

[...]

Jeremy was really upset when he tried to get some trim parts for his Corsa.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 4, 9:05*pm, "JD" wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in media.com...

The parcel shelf in SWMBO's Corsa pivots on two plastic pegs which fit
into holes in the rear trim - or rather it did.

The aforementioned plastic pegs are 12mm dia & about 70mm long - alas the
hole in the trim is much deeper and the pegs aren't fixed - so both
disappeared into the innards of the vehicle.

Popped into a Vauxhall dealer today to purchase two more, which the didn't
have in stock of course.

They could order them. *£7:35. *Each!!!!!! *Nearly £15 for two plastic
dowels!!!!

One length of 12mm dowel from B&Q later - sorted for £2:48.

No wonder Clarkson hates Vauxhall !

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

You can't be too bright if you need to go and ask the price before trying to
make something.

Some people value their time.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
No wonder Clarkson hates Vauxhall !

Get forced to drive a Vectra every working day and find out the real
reason he hates Vauxhall. I'm so happy I have a Ford on short term lease
after they scrapped my 4 year old Vectra last week, I'm actually enjoying
driving again.

--
Clint Sharp

I thought he hated them because Vauxhall called him a vagina.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadworth
writes

"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
In message , The
Medway Handyman writes
No wonder Clarkson hates Vauxhall !

Get forced to drive a Vectra every working day and find out the real
reason he hates Vauxhall. I'm so happy I have a Ford on short term
lease after they scrapped my 4 year old Vectra last week, I'm
actually enjoying driving again.

-- Clint Sharp

I thought he hated them because Vauxhall called him a vagina.

So did Toyota if I remember correctly, I was in Redhill a few days after
he test drove one of theirs and there were constant mutterings, but I
stand by my point that anyone who has to drive a Vectra will not have
warm fuzzies for Vauxhall.

Adam

--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadworth"
saying something like:

of Clarkson

I thought he hated them because Vauxhall called him a vagina.

How very perceptive of Vauxhall.

--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "JD" saying
something like:

You can't be too bright if you need to go and ask the price before trying to
make something.

You can't be too bright if you don't know how to post and not snip sigs.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

"It's a moron working with power tools.
How much more suspenseful can you get?"
- House

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Clint Sharp wrote:
In message , The Medway
Handyman writes
No wonder Clarkson hates Vauxhall !

Get forced to drive a Vectra every working day and find out the real
reason he hates Vauxhall. I'm so happy I have a Ford on short term lease
after they scrapped my 4 year old Vectra last week, I'm actually
enjoying driving again.

The new Vectra replacement is getting rave reviews - better than the
Mondeo.

--
*Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
The new Vectra replacement is getting rave reviews - better than the
Mondeo.

And that's meant to be praise? Some people are easily satisfied.

I miss my BMW.

'My' Vectra was 4 years old when it was scrapped, I'm willing to believe
that the new one would be better because it would be difficult to think
it could be worse.
--
Clint Sharp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Clint Sharp wrote:
The new Vectra replacement is getting rave reviews - better than the
Mondeo.

And that's meant to be praise? Some people are easily satisfied.

The Mondeo - or at least the versions I've driven - is an extremely nice
car. Light years ahead of the Vectra.

I miss my BMW.

I don't. I still have one. ;-)

'My' Vectra was 4 years old when it was scrapped, I'm willing to believe
that the new one would be better because it would be difficult to think
it could be worse.

It's not that usual for a maker to go from possibly the worst in class to
the best in one model change.

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadworth"
saying something like:

of Clarkson

I thought he hated them because Vauxhall called him a vagina.

How very perceptive of Vauxhall.

--
Dave

Spitting Image were kinder to him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X91PX...eature=related

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
The Mondeo - or at least the versions I've driven - is an extremely nice
car. Light years ahead of the Vectra.

See my previous response, it would be hard to believe anyone could make
a worse car than the Vectra. Truly fouls, indeed until I was spoiled
with the BMW and occasional Audis and Mercs, I would have chosen the
Mundaneo every time over the Vectra.

Note, I'm not a Vauxhall hater per-se, just a Vectra hater, the Astra
and Corsa are rather nice cars for their class and I've been known
(recently in fact) to drive a Zafira as well.

I miss my BMW.

I don't. I still have one. ;-)

Lucky you. Unfortunately mine was a company car and that company went to
the wall for good reasons, the only miracle was that it wasn't sooner.

It's not that usual for a maker to go from possibly the worst in class to
the best in one model change.

No, I know. Used to work in garages and dealerships. But I'd still not
buy another Vectra if it was my choice.
--
Clint Sharp